WTF wrong is wrong with the Zennobox?

irmscher

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
What's wrong is wrong with Zennobox?

It's kinda impossible to run scripts on my customer's zennobox, whereas scripts run perfectly fine on my Zennoposter just ain't running on his...

First I though it's about Excel tables, probably different versions of excel, then we though it's the extension, then I've removed all the bits from the script that are somehow related to tables and still getting the same error.

Customer's Zennobox couldn't read data neither from excel table, nor from internal settings (right click on script - settings)

Has anyone experienced any similar problems to this?

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
As I wrote before, if your template doesn't work on customer's PC, you need to analyze all logs and check exact errors that occur.

Zennoposter uses it's own component for tables. It's not related to Excel.

Most probably you made a mistake somewhere and used either path to file that is not exist on user's machine, or used {-Project.Directory-} which is not related to template for Zennobox users cause they don't store template file and data files in the same place.
More information you can get in user's logs.

Don't see any bugs here since core files for ZP and ZB are the same.

irmscher

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Man, we've spent like 4 days trying to eliminate possible errors, it's definitely not related to tables (I've removed all of them) and wrong path of files to write to, I'm 200% sure about it.

Since I know the behavior of my script well I can definitely tell that it's Zennobox that doesn't read the data from settings properly, I'm not even talking about picking up data from tables or txt files. My customer fills in all the setting boxes properly (I've been watching him behind his shoulder) and when we start Zennobox it's just doesn't see the data that we entered...

Again, same script runs on my Zennoposter just perfectly and it's definitely NOT about wrong filepath or something similar.

As I wrote before, if your template doesn't work on customer's PC, you need to analyze all logs and check exact errors that occur.

Zennoposter uses it's own component for tables. It's not related to Excel.

Most probably you made a mistake somewhere and used either path to file that is not exist on user's machine, or used {-Project.Directory-} which is not related to template for Zennobox users cause they don't store template file and data files in the same place.
More information you can get in user's logs.

Don't see any bugs here since core files for ZP and ZB are the same.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Again. I don't see any concrete bug report. You had to analyze logs. What errors were there, then analyze template to find a reason for this. I'm not sure I understand the purpose of this thread. What you expect to get as reply on your statements? There's no any concrete information. Only your thoughts.

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
Never contacted in skype/email about that problem, but I'm looking at heart-piercing thread now. What's the point? Don't you think better to ask for a help than wasting time such a way. We are glad to help when we are asked about it.

irmscher

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I've checked logs, I even have checked everything I possibly can.

If I give you the error code from the log it will mean nothing to you since you need to dig in to why anyways...

My script has a point where it picks up random number from 0 to {-variable.a-} where the value of {-variable.a-} is scraped from the web (number) according to the data that user insert via template settings beforehand (right clicking the template in Zennobox and then settings)

so if the guy enters a keyword that shows up 367 results in the web search this 367 is getting stored inside {-variable.a-} and a random number between 0 and 367 gets generated in the next step.

My script is rather complicated but I've been testing my script for like 2 months and I know the behavior very well, thus I'm 100% that if the script stumbles on that step when generating this random number it means it hasn't scraped data from the web (367 in our example) which leads to a conclusion that it didn't get any data (keyword) and searching for blank string in the search box and getting nowhere. I'm 100% sure about this, I know that you may say that there might be problems with the website that is being scraped....

So the script was ending up nowhere as if is picking up blank strings instead of keywords and other data that we put inside the template settings. So the script that run perfectly on my Zennoposter fail to run on client's Zennobox. OK, so we even tried to install it on his VPS - same problem. Again, I've been watching this guy behind his shoulder when he as putting the data via template settings to avoid him doing mistakes, so human factor can be excluded right of the bat.

After talking to a number of heavy Zennoposter users I heard one and the same thing - Zennobox sux. So I asked about how they sell their templates then and it turns out that most of their customers either had Zennoposter already or had to buy the software.

Again, don;t get me wrong, I love Zennoposter, it's ingenious software, but when it comes to selling templates it's a nightmare...Not even talking about that $10 commission fee which makes selling small projects just pointless. Also, if you say that every next script sold to the same person is discounted to $2 why should I pay another $10 if I don't sell it in one go?

Regarding the thread, yes it's a bit too emotional but I've actually lost a very promising contract because of some mysterious bugs.

I think I just should register Zennobox account and sell that script to myself and try to run it on another machine...

irmscher

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Never contacted in skype/email about that problem, but I'm looking at heart-piercing thread now. What's the point? Don't you think better to ask for a help than wasting time such a way. We are glad to help when we are asked about it.
Man, you give only forum support to PRO version clients, don't you. Anyways you are never online on skype so the only place to sort this out is forums and in our case it takes ages but the contract is just gone because the guy got fed up after 4 days of digging.

btw, sorry if the thread sounds/looks harsh or anti-promotion, but it's a pity when you lose great opportunity because of some annoying bug...

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
I'm not sure what is problem there but i would suggest you not to use any input settings. Make a deal with customer where he will save template and save this project at the same path on your PC and as usual make any settings controlled from file. Then you avoid some headaches for sure. This is way how i sold a couple of projects, and they are running without problems.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
There's no any information in your posts that could be used to give you any advices. I don't know what errors were on client's PC. I see only emotions. Yes, it's bad that you lost this order. But I'm not sure what reply you want to get in his thread.

Input settings are working fine. I use them for 90% of my projects.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Hungry Bulldozer

irmscher

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I was just wondering if anyone is experienced same problems...

The best thing I can do is to test zennobox myself on my 2nd machine

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
I was just wondering if anyone is experienced same problems...

The best thing I can do is to test zennobox myself on my 2nd machine
Dude you still did not said what is problem exactly. You just said that something not working. :-)
And yes you can test it on your own PC do not need even second PC. But make sure you not working with Zennoposter and Zennobox simultaneous. This wont work. :-)

• Спасибо
Реакции: Hungry Bulldozer

irmscher

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

irmscher

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Ok, I'm now testing this script on another machine of mine, and you know what, script runs smoothly as expected.

But, how come then it didn't work properly neither on customer's home pc, nor on his VPS... May be he needs to ins all a new version of .NET or something? I think I just should get an temporary access to his VPS and try to set everything up myself...

Igotcha

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Did you use static file path within your template which is - accidently - the same on your 2 machines, but maybe different on the customers machine?

irmscher

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Did you use static file path within your template which is - accidentally - the same on your 2 machines, but maybe different on the customers machine?
Yes, we have double-checked file paths like 20 times,

OK guys, I think I'll sort that out, I just need to get the control over his VPS...

irmscher

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Can I encrypt my templates when selling them via Zennobox or it's not recommended, or may be there's no point doing that?

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
On Win server 2008 there should be set file's compability mode for all exe files to WinXP.
On win7 - Vista SP2.
Also for all Windows up to 7 there should be NET 4.5 uninstalled.

irmscher

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Ok, I've sold the script again to the same guy.

FYI: the script runs absolutely fine for 3 previous customers.

Now with this guy something really strange is happening. First we have installed on his VPS (Windows Server 2008-) and he gave me an access via Windows Desktop Remote tool so I've doublechecked the folder path, I've actually right clicked on the script in Zennobox and opened project directory from there so I'm 200% sure it's the right file path.

Now, then he has installed it on his home pc (Windows 7 ultimate 64) - same shit: Can't read table (the error in the log) and stop executing.

I really wanted to hit the wall with my forehead, how could this happen if it runs absolutely fine for other clients and on my PC? Ok, I would consider there's something wrong with his Windows SERVER 2008 VPS but when the same error pops out on his home pc...

I'm really stuck now, please give any suggestions, some mysterious bug this is.

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
If you use {-Project.Directory-} there then this directory in "My documents". Check if there is a file for a table. Also for Win 2008 you should enable .net 3.5 in administration tools if it is not.

irmscher

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
This guy is using Zennobox.

Есть минутка свободная в скайпе? Ато я скоро начну бошкой об стену бится... У всех клиентов работает а вот именно у этого не работает ни на Windows 7 ни на Win Server 2008...

skypename: irmscher9

irmscher

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Ребята я надеюсь вы посмотрите логи которые я отослал на [email protected] и ответите до вечера понедельника.

У меня 2 клиента висят изза етой проблемы, если я их прохлопаю это опять больно ударит по моему бюджету...

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
Ребята я надеюсь вы посмотрите логи которые я отослал на [email protected] и ответите до вечера понедельника.

У меня 2 клиента висят изза етой проблемы, если я их прохлопаю это опять больно ударит по моему бюджету...
Ждем ответа разработчиков

irmscher

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Какие нибудь новости?

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
по логам сложно что-то сказать, ничего странного в них нет.
нужно смотреть туда ли таблицу подложили
сами настройки таблицы и действия с таблицей, так не поймешь в чем проблема
попробуйте хотя бы взять количество строк от таблицы, сколько вернет посмотрим.
так же открыть файл таблицы, через OpenOffice, возможно файл битый

irmscher

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Ну как могли таблицу нетуда положить если я лично 100 раз уже проверил и убидился что туда...

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
Тогда нужно смотреть по остальным пунктам

irmscher

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Возможно проблема в том что табилцы созадавались в русском экселе...

...Я сейчас попробую им сказать чтобы они делали табилцы в Google Docs вместо моих таблиц которые были сделаны в Русской версии Excel

irmscher

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
ОК, заполнили табилцы на гугл докс - скачали в нужном формате, разместили в нужной папке и назвали подабающим образом - не работает...

Те же ошибки:

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)