Could you please do a good tutorial about the Zenno bot please?

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hello

I cannot find any good info on this:
1) When we create a bot for resale, I understand the file has to be uploaded to the admin panel. But how does the user receives updates when the bot is outdated or not working anymore? Is the upgrade automated?

2) When a bot is created, I am not understanding the relationship between the bot UI and Zenno poster. ie: If I create 2 fields where I want the user to enter his name surname and the data is saved in a text file, how can this be packaged in the upload panel in the bot resale page, as it looks like you can only upload the main zenno poster xmlz file?

3) Can the bots be private and only sold by me or are they being sold in your market place on upload automatically?

4) How many threads can be run from a bot (for resale).

5) Can a bot be sold one time without future subscription to a customer? Or do we have to force a yearly subscription on the customer?

6) How a resale would happen? The customer purchase the bot on your website, then you log in your panel and register his email there, download the file and send it to him?

Thanks for your help

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 184
Баллы
Hi.

1. If you update bot in userarea all your users what had this bot will get updates after restarting their ZennoBox.
2. You do not upload any text files in userarea, those should be created on users PC. - Did you read all there - https://zennolab.com/wiki/en:bot_ui?s[]=bot&s[]=ui
3. Your developed bots are private, nobody have access tot hem if you encrypt - https://zennolab.com/wiki/en:encryption
4. If you mean ZennoBox then it's up to 20 threads.
5. Sell as you require, please see options in userarea - https://zennolab.com/wiki/en:zennobox
6. you have to upload your bot to user-area just once. Then just tick checkbox- enter the user's email and click sell.

I hope that helps. Many of this information is talked in the forum, so it is easy to use search and get answers faster.
Cheers.

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks for the reply.
Could you please tell me how can I trial a bot UI interface from Zenno, I cannot find a way to do this.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 184
Баллы

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks, I see, so the Input settings are the variables which are linked to the Bot interface, am I right?
I create the UI in the bot interface then link the input settings variables to the fields?

When this is done, how can I launch a demo of the bot from within Zenno? To see the bot working in action. Thank you.

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 848
Баллы
Thanks, I see, so the Input settings are the variables which are linked to the Bot interface, am I right?
I create the UI in the bot interface then link the input settings variables to the fields?

When this is done, how can I launch a demo of the bot from within Zenno? To see the bot working in action. Thank you.
BotUI is an alternative or replacement for old InputSettings feature..
It works the same way with input parameters, and also allows to create attractive interface for a bot.
To test created BotUI, you should just add your project to ZennoPoster, and open BotUI like Input Settings.

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
thanks, let me try.

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Spent the whole afternoon on it, I cannot manage to see my BOT Interface(the one shown in the future users of the Zennobox) via Zenno poster.
Are you sure we can see it from there?

Thanks

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 184
Баллы
Spent the whole afternoon on it, I cannot manage to see my BOT Interface(the one shown in the future users of the Zennobox) via Zenno poster.
Are you sure we can see it from there?

Thanks
Of course its there.
Not really sure where to help.
Can you describe step by step what are you doing to get it ready ?

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Sorry, let me explain it better.

I created my bot and added bot interface with text fields and buttons. I saved the work and reopened it inside Zenno poster(and not the project maker).
While on this screen(in version beta 7), I click "play", no Bot interface shows up.

Now in the project maker itself, I am also trying to get the Bot interface to work(like if it was a user using it) but I cannot get it to launch there to when a project starts.
I can see the Bot interface but only the builder, nothing "live"

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

I created my bot and added bot interface with text fields and buttons. I saved the work and reopened it inside Zenno poster(and not the project maker).
While on this screen(in version beta 7), I click "play", no Bot interface shows up.

Now in the project maker itself, I am also trying to get the Bot interface to work(like if it was a user using it) but I cannot get it to launch there too when a project starts.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 184
Баллы

Now in the project maker itself, I am also trying to get the Bot interface to work(like if it was a user using it) but I cannot get it to launch there to when a project starts.
It won't show up if you click PLAY only.
As I told before. Double click on exact template OR right click and Settings will bring Bot UI up.

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thank you so much, I see it now. You are right, by double-clicking on the project itself.
Any idea if there is a way for the user to actually see the internal browser working please(like a small windows in the BOT UI? Do the user knows something is actually going on.

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
But you see the issue now is that let's say I need a username and password to test my app, but because I can only test it in Zenno poster and not the project maker, now I am stuck.
When I run my template, I cannot add my username and password because this is part of the BOT UI which cannot be started within the project maker(only zenno poster).
How would you do it in this case? As I need to test and visually see if the bot is working well when I input the settings manually.

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I tried to go around the impossibility to use the BOT UI live in Zenno Maker(only Zenno Poster) by adding default values to variables but there are not picked up when the value of the variables are empty.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 184
Баллы
Thank you so much, I see it now. You are right, by double-clicking on the project itself.
Any idea if there is a way for the user to actually see the internal browser working please(like a small windows in the BOT UI? Do the user knows something is actually going on.
Button SHOW un ZennoPoster will show all instances working.

But you see the issue now is that let's say I need a username and password to test my app, but because I can only test it in Zenno poster and not the project maker, now I am stuck.
When I run my template, I cannot add my username and password because this is part of the BOT UI which cannot be started within the project maker(only zenno poster).
How would you do it in this case? As I need to test and visually see if the bot is working well when I input the settings manually.
I'm not sure what you mean sorry. Yo have all data in variables, so you can test in ProjectMaker.

I tried to go around the impossibility to use the BOT UI live in Zenno Maker(only Zenno Poster) by adding default values to variables but there are not picked up when the value of the variables are empty.
You answered yourself. If the value of variable are empty then this is what is used. Logically.
If you want to set some value IF variable is empty then you have to build logic for that. in your template. Like check variable x if empty then set xx

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
"You answered yourself. If the value of the variable is empty then this is what is used. Logically. "
But this what I do not understand. Take mysql for example. If you set a default value of "Hello" when the field is null or empty, "Hello" is used.

Why would Zenno not work the same way?
The hold Zenno only had "value", the new Zenno has "value" and "Default value".

So what I was expecting was:
If I set my table as:

Value | Default value
Hello1 Hello2

And the Value is empty, then I was hoping that the default value to get used.
But whatever I put in the default value, is not output in the console nor the template variables.

Does my explanation makes any sense to you? As I cannot relate Zenno to Mysql in this case, no idea what I am doing wrong.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 184
Баллы
"You answered yourself. If the value of the variable is empty then this is what is used. Logically. "
But this what I do not understand. Take mysql for example. If you set a default value of "Hello" when the field is null or empty, "Hello" is used.

Why would Zenno not work the same way?
The hold Zenno only had "value", the new Zenno has "value" and "Default value".

So what I was expecting was:
If I set my table as:

Value | Default value
Hello1 Hello2

And the Value is empty, then I was hoping that the default value to get used.
But whatever I put in the default value, is not output in the console nor the template variables.

Does my explanation makes any sense to you? As I cannot relate Zenno to Mysql in this case, no idea what I am doing wrong.

You can not expect some other program to work by database rules LOL.
You are a developer, so You make rules there. You do not expect to work something in some way. You develop logic to get to work that way.
Just like mysql developers made it work in a way You described, You are a developer for your program and You make it work as you require, by your rules.
If you want it to work the same as mysql does then just develop logic as I told before.
The default value for variables works just like it should. If nothing else is set it use default value.
Does that make sense?

Последнее редактирование:

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Yes and no, I would not really call myself a developer on Zenno(the programmers of Zenno are the real developers, the tough guys). I program with Laravel, APIs, Vue, databases and you go a lot deeper than with Zenno, Zenno is just fun .Zenno makes me think about Thunkable. I think the problem with Zenno is not Zenno as I think you could learn things quickly but the documentation which is not going deep enough(the videos too). ie: The entire testing steps of an app built with the BOT UI is not well explained in English for example.

Regarding this "The default value for variables works just like it should. If nothing else is set it use default value. ". Well this is exactly what I am trying to explain to you. Nothing to do with Mysql, I was just giving you an example. If a developer (the Zenno developers and not us "users of zenno") has added a box called "Default value", then it makes sense that like Mysql, a default value(like in any programs) sets in when no values are found or empty.
If no values are set, the default value should kick in. But in my version of Zenno(latest), this is not happening. No worry, I gave up on this, I just add the values in a table.....losing too much time on this.

I think I am having a lot of weird bugs, sometimes the Bot UI does not always show up in the Zenno poster either. I will leave with it.......no worry.

Thanks again.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 184
Баллы
Yes and no, I would not really call myself a developer on Zenno(the programmers of Zenno are the real developers, the tough guys). I program with Laravel, APIs, Vue, databases and you go a lot deeper than with Zenno, Zenno is just fun .Zenno makes me think about Thunkable. I think the problem with Zenno is not Zenno as I think you could learn things quickly but the documentation which is not going deep enough(the videos too). ie: The entire testing steps of an app built with the BOT UI is not well explained in English for example.

Regarding this "The default value for variables works just like it should. If nothing else is set it use default value. ". Well this is exactly what I am trying to explain to you. Nothing to do with Mysql, I was just giving you an example. If a developer (the Zenno developers and not us "users of zenno") has added a box called "Default value", then it makes sense that like Mysql, a default value(like in any programs) sets in when no values are found or empty.
If no values are set, the default value should kick in. But in my version of Zenno(latest), this is not happening. No worry, I gave up on this, I just add the values in a table.....losing too much time on this.

I think I am having a lot of weird bugs, sometimes the Bot UI does not always show up in the Zenno poster either. I will leave with it.......no worry.

Thanks again.

There are logical steps.

1. You set a default value of 5 for variable myCounter
2. When the template starts it sets 5 as value
3. Next step template looks if you have this variable defined elsewhere (like in input settings )
4. If yes it will set this value instead of the default. ( what in your case is empty string )
5. If no then it will use the default value of 5

The correct way to work :-)

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Yes, I totally understood this from the start, but thanks for taking the time to explain it.
Yes this is how I have set up my template, I simply created 2 variables of:
email
password

Both have a default value

All I tried to do was to have the default details showing up if the user did not input anything in the email and password variable linked to the BOT UI fields. It is exactly what you are saying above. Something must be wrong in my template. I will check it further this week.

I was looking at the number of posts you have replied to over the years, wow, you have been here for some time! You are a veteran!
Are you a Zenno developer(I mean one of the guys who created the software and not a template maker). The guys behind this software must be incredibly knowledgeable in coding because this is a beast to code.

Hat off for the guys who created Zenno. I know that most customers only see a UI but behind the scenes, you must have tons and tons of code and complex logic. Long long nights of coffee and Vodka fruit juices I bet!

Thanks

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 184
Баллы
Yes, I totally understood this from the start, but thanks for taking the time to explain it.
Yes this is how I have set up my template, I simply created 2 variables of:
email
password

Both have a default value

All I tried to do was to have the default details showing up if the user did not input anything in the email and password variable linked to the BOT UI fields. It is exactly what you are saying above. Something must be wrong in my template. I will check it further this week.

I was looking at the number of posts you have replied to over the years, wow, you have been here for some time! You are a veteran!
Are you a Zenno developer(I mean one of the guys who created the software and not a template maker). The guys behind this software must be incredibly knowledgeable in coding because this is a beast to code.

Hat off for the guys who created Zenno. I know that most customers only see a UI but behind the scenes, you must have tons and tons of code and complex logic. Long long nights of coffee and Vodka fruit juices I bet!

Thanks
Nop I'm not working in ZennoLab.
I just grow with Zenno over time. started do develop simple templates years ago. Learned my way and now I fully develop in C#. As well as I'm using zennoposter for many of my tasks as a developer.

I have explained many posts before, what you should do to get what you want.
Even if users did not enter anything in your Bot UI fields, it is still value = EMPTY STRING this is value. :-)
So you already described the logic that you have to develop.
Check if users entered string empty and if yes then set xxxx

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Ok got it, if empty strings are seen as a value. I now understand the issue :-)

I will hope a few more threads as I have other questions about the Bot UI.
Thanks again for your great help!

• Спасибо
Реакции: lokiys

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)