ZennoPoster Pro freezes in the foreground but works in the background

jcknick

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Since today Zennoposter started to act badly. It starts by showing active threads and numbers of successful results but it freezes within a few moments, the funny thing is that it keeps working in the background, writing files and stuff, but the frontend updates the results once per 10-20 minutes in the front end.

Is there some bad cache file or settings file I could delete so that zennoposter would start afresh? Or how do I fix this freezing?

Btw, I just reinstalled Zennopster and same problem persists.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
What build do you use?
And what do you mean by freezing?

jcknick

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
5.1.2.0. By freezing I mean that the entire interface stops responding - I can't click anything, so in order to restart a project or change a setting I have to relaunch zennoposter. For a few seconds after restart the interface responds and then it stops.

Question still remains, is there a cache settings file that I could purge so that the zennoposter settings would reset to default?

jcknick

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Another annoyance. Project maker also started to work way slower. The actions that took a fraction of a second before, now seem to take over 10 seconds. And it all started this weekend.

UPDATE: I have disabled macafee and it seems project maker is back to normal

Последнее редактирование:

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Good :-)

jcknick

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Not really :-)

it's slow now again with the project that was working fast yesterday. Now McAfee in removed and the project is taking forever to process each action, even taking a line from a table with 3 columns takes more than 3 seconds.

Plus, the question regarding cleaning the settings cache file still remains. I don't want to reinstall the software again, especially that it didn't work yesterday.

I know that e.g. when dreamweaver starts lagging, it's just a matter of deleting a cache file and it starts working with default settings. Can it be done with ZennoPoster?

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Do you run projects in Zp or projectmaker? How you track how many seconds it spends on each action?

jcknick

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Do you run projects in Zp or projectmaker? How you track how many seconds it spends on each action?
PM and I was measuring it "by eye" :-) So it wasn't scientific measurements but if you want I can qualify the load times as "soooo slowww" :-)

Anyways, my question is still open, is there a way, in case this problem or any other future problem arises, to "reset" everything to default settings? Like e.g. in dreamweaver: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/494811 - this little trick saved me lots of times, and I wonder if there's something like this for ZP.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Projectmaker is 32bit software. And it's not for project executions. Just for recording and debug.
64bit version will be released later.
It works much slower as ZP since it use animation for each step.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Anyways, my question is still open, is there a way, in case this problem or any other future problem arises, to "reset" everything to default settings?

Nope

jcknick

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
I didnt think that you accept reinstall in this case))

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)