Yep, another question...

fthomas137

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks to everyone so far, i've been blessed with awesome help from this community. I'd like to ask a question though that's more about procedure and less about zp. :-)

I'm going to be creating multiple accounts in multiple places and I'd like to reuse the same emails in multiple places. Now, I know how to create more emails on the fly as needed, but what I'd like to know is how you would take a master list of email addresses and then make them available for account creation on multiple sites - keeping in mind that I don't want to try and create an account with the same email address twice on the same site.

Clear as mud, right?

Ok, let's say I have a master list of emails that contains the following:

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Now, I want to create accounts at webs, wordpress, digg, etc for each email, over time.

How do I now take the master list build new accounts for each site? I'd like at this time to keep my site signup templates seperate to reduce complexity. I thought of creating a routine that reads through the master list and adds them to a secondary list for the specific site, but no matter what I come up with it still feels to complicated.

Thanks ahead of time!

Frank

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
use a counter loop and pull the line from the file with the value of the counter. It will read through every line in the text file and use each email.

fthomas137

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
If I run the routine later, I may have already used some of these emails - but I think I've figured it out. All I have to do is create a 2nd list per site and just do a hunt for the email before trying to setup the account. It's amazing what one can come up with when you just walk away for a while, lol.

Thanks!

Frank

archel

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I would do it like this:
- make an account for eg. webs
- take a mail (eg [email protected]) for this from your file
- check if second column contains unique letter of webs (see later)
-> if not: delete line and use email to create account and then add the mail back to the same file together with unique letter for webs (eg 'a') which you add in second column: '[email protected],a')
-> if it does (eg. '[email protected],a' or '[email protected],bdlma' when you already used it for more than one site): then take the next line in the file and thus another mail

dunno if this is easier though :-)

• Спасибо
Реакции: fthomas137

fthomas137

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
archel, that is brilliant. Didn't even think of doing that. The elegance of one file and prechecking for accounts. Ya so smart.

Thank you!

Frank

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)