Will save hours

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
Hi i guess this feature is easy to implement, but it will save hours especially if you have 20+ variables in list and if you want to click on new you should scroll down...

Capture.PNG

Cheers

Kepperbes

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I like that idea. I remember when ZP4 was first released to the english customers that I made all of my variables that way and they never worked, and couldnt understand why! Lmao. After realizing that you have to click new, I figured it wouldnt be a bad idea just having it so that you can type what you want to have placed into the field and have it create that variable on its own.

sMax

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Good Idea,

I think I would rather have a "recordset" grouping of variables that would directly map all its fields into a table or list with one click. Now that would save some serious time.

example
recordset visitor
-id
-pwd
-visits
-etc

and then in the table just select the recordset visitors and done.

I saw another enhancement requesting a grouping of varioables for another reason I can't remember now. But this should cover both. call it Variables group and use it for both.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
I like that idea. I remember when ZP4 was first released to the english customers that I made all of my variables that way and they never worked, and couldnt understand why! Lmao. After realizing that you have to click new, I figured it wouldnt be a bad idea just having it so that you can type what you want to have placed into the field and have it create that variable on its own.
If you just type in and close, some actions will give you confirm ''Do you want to make that variable.'' I thought more like click on that field and then i'm getting that new variable enter field... But your suggestion is good as well. That mean there need just to remove that confirm thing and add that to all actions like table/list processing. etc.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы

darkdiver

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
2 728
Баллы
Ok, we will move "New" to the first position.
But do you know you can just type the variable name, and if it is not exist after closing the settings, you will be asked to create this variable?
You do not need even to open the combobox.

Здраво

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I'm not really sure how much time you will save, but you have ability to do what you asking for in all variables (F2), only problem is When you use Alt+F4 to close it, it never open again (its Bug) you need to restart the Project Maker. Anyway, its super fast, have a look http://screencast.com/t/eQiDR1T4 , also I'm initiating all my counters like this!

What would save us even more time, its ability to use more keyboard shortcuts, like closing all those popup - specially I hate when I need to comment on every action, its super annoying.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Kepperbes

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
Ok, we will move "New" to the first position.
But do you know you can just type the variable name, and if it is not exist after closing the settings, you will be asked to create this variable?
You do not need even to open the combobox.
Thanks for implemented this ''New'' at the beginning, but now is new problem what you add new variable you should go at the end of all variable list to take it.
My suggestion is to change order in variable list as well. e.g latest added should be first in list not last.

Thanks

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)