Why do you hate your customers and why are you breaking my balls?

Sube

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
After not being able to access project maker for 4 days, it has finally opened. It took 15 minutes to do so but at least it’s a start. All the error logs say but one thing, cannot get

I have never in my life ever seen a piece of software phone home as much as Zennoposter does. Is it absolutely necessary to the functioning of the software, like it needing some sort of some critical on-the-fly computation that only the power of your super powered sever stack can provide or some mission critical information that somehow justifies such an all pervading ownership that it makes me want for the gentler ravages of some genuine botnet malware.

Does it really need to phone home so often?

I don’t know if over the last few days it’s been your sever with problems or my shitty proxies or if my vpn is getting tired of connecting to your site, but if this happens during the middle of a job:

2015-04-23 00:44:45.1522|WARN|ZennoLab.LogLibrary.InternalError|Error occured in module ""Message: "Lost connection with authorization server"

2015-04-23 00:44:56.1581|INFO|ZennoLab.LogLibrary.InternalError|Event in module ""Message: "Unable to reconnect to the authorization server"

why must it go and screw it all up just because it can’t talk to mommy? It’s not right. It’s not good being stuck on the end of it not good business practice –

The language of the criticalErrors log indicates that it was your servers:

2015-04-21 05:39:29.9855|ERROR|CurrentDomain UnhandledException

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 148.251.48.178:443

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)

at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

I know that it’s generic and I’ll probably never know and really, I don’t care because it’s not the point. Your customers should never be stopped from working with your software because of some misguided need to protect some code (what % of the is yours btw?).

Your software inspired me to learn about decompiling. Want to guess what my first project was? But seriously think about it, your software, which is not decompiling software, inspired one of your customers to learn how to decompile software. …just so that they could use it.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s some great software but for some reason you decided to go against the flow of modern software maker thinking by introducing bugs.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Hello!

1) Where physically your server/PC is located?
2) Run diagnostic.exe in ZennoPoster's folder and send us report.zip with link to this thread
3) When you have connection problem try to ping userarea-us.zennolab.com and userarea.zennolab.com and make screenshots.
4) Do you use proxy or VPN for internet connection ? Not within projects but for your connection generally

Sube

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
I have it working now. diagnostic didn't give much more that the above. Pinging userarea gave about 1 in 4 success rate with at least half the packets lost (I never tried -us). I use a VPN and when running Zennoposter I use an external socks 5 proxy service. I think the problem was with the proxy. Which meant that if zenno gave up trying to connect after a disconnect, despite still being able to connect to the target site, it would not continue. And I don't know of a way to force zenno to connect short of restarting it and then it was likely it wouldn't actually start up again.

What's wrong with the Adobe model? (... I'm down to using Adobe as a positive example) They give a month between successful phone homes before shutting it down. Even just once a session would be better. I don't know why it isn't being done but all it would take is for a security / anti spam / identity company with some resources to be monitoring connections to userarea.zennolab.com and look for matches on their customer sites.

You give that to Google for free though? Why? I haven't tried doing anything on any Google products but I would think that having Google Analytic built directly into Zennoposter is not going to make it easier for anyone except the person monitoring the use of their software. My sample size is small so I can't really say for sure across the board, but I have had 100% fail on any site with googletagmanager.com - I don't know why, I haven't looked into it enough and at this stage it's not important for me - but I can't help but suspect there is a connection between an analytics tool and a marketing tool from an advertising company. Really, unless anyone has some inside Google info about what effect having Zennoposter phone Google almost as much as it phones home has, the answer would have to be "don't know". But one would also assume it's probably some effect, and I can't imagine that it would be making life easier for anyone.

Just saying and then giving my 2 cents.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Nick

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)