unable to find textarea inside html page

walkout

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hey guys ,
I am trying to find slected element properties with different urls.

This is the html code

<textarea id="commentBodyField" cols="60" rows="8" name="commentBody"></textarea>

Inside my how to search html element

My tab is page
Document - 0;_2 -- Can some one explain what this is ??
form # 0 I am assuming this is the form 0 , so if there are 3 forms in a page it will search for first form it encounters?? Bit confused with this.

tag is textarea

so i need to select the textarea to insert the form so i hope it should be textarea

Now for search creteria

i have 1 group

which searches for
attribute - value - search type - match #
id -commentBodyField - regex /text - 0

Would like to check if thats correct.

Still when i run the template in debug mode it says cant find the html element.
Would really appreciate it someone could point me in the right direction
Thanks

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
More than likely the document address is changing per site or every time you load the site. A lot of sites do this (yahoo,drupal,some forum platforms). Unfortunately, unlike form #'s where you can put in -1 to find the element no matter what form it is in, the document address can't be done like this. You will have to put a step for every document address that might show up. 0;0...0;1...0;2...0;3...0;0;0. Just put an unsuccessful branch to the next step with a different document address.

• Спасибо
Реакции: gcomm
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hey guys ,
I am trying to find slected element properties with different urls.

This is the html code

<textarea id="commentBodyField" cols="60" rows="8" name="commentBody"></textarea>
Your searching for the wrong DOM elements.

IF your only using elements at the template level, your creating a zenno template thats going to need alot of maintenance in the future. Site templates get changed all the time, but the URL frame work dosn't. Because its a whole world of pain to change the base code of a site.

Try pushing the page DOM into the regex builder & building regex that targets the URLs doing the calls to the template, but is independent of the base URL.

Mankush

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hey walkout, try to go for something simple, looking for a text on screen. I had problems with my cpanel, tried all sorts of things, and this works best for me.
Here is a simple example from Gmail:
example from Gmail.jpg

Right click on the element you want to choose-> "to branch builder", then go to Attribute name and change from default "href" to "innertext", two rows below go to search type, then choose "text" instead of the default "regexp", then go to attribute value and change to the text that appears on screen.

Hope this helps

Вложения

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)