running ZP on linux with wine

aleksa77

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I now reading some article, there is app Wine, and with this app you can run some exe files on linux. Can ZP run on Wine and on Linux ?

Thanks

LightWood

Благодарностей
Баллы
  • Спасибо
Реакции: Nick

aleksa77

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
really ? great ! command line is same right ,all is same like for windows, licencing works you install zennobox or ZP ?

For install Wine we need admin permissions right, user with shared hosting can not install it ?

For me it is revolution, a lot clients want app on linux

Последнее редактирование:

LightWood

Благодарностей
Баллы
really ? great ! command line is same right ,all is same like for windows, licencing works you install zennobox or ZP ?
I am blind. I read incorrect. I read "wine", but thought about "VirtualBox".
I work with zennoposter in VirtualBox.
I think work with zennoposter by wine is impossible.

Sorry for my mistake.

aleksa77

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
ok, but i now reading Wiki, a lot exe files can install, and looks good, maybe Zenno team can see it and connect with it, it is open source project for sure this can be a big advantage for app @VladZen?

And if somebody have linux, maybe he can try and share experience

Последнее редактирование:

aleksa77

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
@VladZen , i now see some old messages about Wine, yes, iZenoposter is windows app, and your perspective is allways from ZennoPoster user, zennoposter user not need Wine, he have a lot templates and can choice some windows server or home... Zennoposter user is motivated to put this and take separate windows server because he have a lot templates, projects...

I think that you not look from perspective zennobox users, 99% of them have some linux server, they hire us to make one middle or small bot, they not motivated to buy windows server because one small bot, they not motivated to run on their fancy, expensive laptops ZP 0-24 ,they want to run application on their existing linux server, and because that, if you can on some way make with Wine to run ZP on linux it will be big big step for us who working with clients,a lot clients when hear- that bot can work only on windows go away and take some Python developer .

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 184
Баллы
@VladZen , i now see some old messages about Wine, yes, iZenoposter is windows app, and your perspective is allways from ZennoPoster user, zennoposter user not need Wine, he have a lot templates and can choice some windows server or home... Zennoposter user is motivated to put this and take separate windows server because he have a lot templates, projects...

I think that you not look from perspective zennobox users, 99% of them have some linux server, they hire us to make one middle or small bot, they not motivated to buy windows server because one small bot, they not motivated to run on their fancy, expensive laptops ZP 0-24 ,they want to run application on their existing linux server, and because that, if you can on some way make with Wine to run ZP on linux it will be big big step for us who working with clients,a lot clients when hear- that bot can work only on windows go away and take some Python developer .
None of my customers had Linux servers to run bots. NONE
You, as usual, have customers from space. LOL

aleksa77

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
every client have some linux server to run their websites right ? Maybe they not forced you, because you advertise like windows bot developer, or similar, maybe your clients know that your product is only for windows before they send you spec

But with Wine option we can take and some wordpress plugins to make, a lot clients want apps in php or python only because that can run on their linux servers. It means, you not looking similar jobs because your perspective is only on windows apps

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 184
Баллы
every client have some linux server to run their websites right ? Maybe they not forced you, because you advertise like windows bot developer, or similar, maybe your clients know that your product is only for windows before they send you spec

But with Wine option we can take and some wordpress plugins to make, a lot clients want apps in php or python only because that can run on their linux servers. It means, you not looking similar jobs because your perspective is only on windows apps
Just make a little more authority and tell Your customers that this is not a smart idea to develop and run any apps with PHP. It is a web development language.
And it is not a smart idea to run any bots on the same server where You host websites.
Who even host websites on Linux servers with enough RAM and CPU for ZennoPoster?
And more on this If You are interested if ZennoPoster works somewhere it is not meant to work then You can just test it out and add if that looks important thing for You then: https://zennolab.com/discussion/forums/enhancements.142/

aleksa77

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Now little linux vps have 8 cores 20+ gb ram, for sure fine for running one template, and about php, you missing point, you can make template in ZP what will make same in php

I do not know do you looked how is tehnology goes, but performance for linux vps is big, and very cheap , second with Wine you will decrease client budget, windows licence is to high

EnricoG

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
for now - is ZP work with Wine or not?

• Спасибо
Реакции: Nick

aleksa77

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
i think no, i goes time to time on wine website, write zenno in search, there was in past some reports and tests, but for now, i not see some successfull test

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Maybe it's possible to adjust Wine by yourself that it can run ZP. But I think much technical effort is needed and in the end ZP would work much slower and more instable than on Windows systems.

• Спасибо
Реакции: aleksa77

aleksa77

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
yes, maybe some day and Zenno team when take time can help, from heart of app it will be fast, a lot users have only linux and a lot them today want cloud option and Wine can solve a lot problems

• Спасибо
Реакции: EnricoG

Nick

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
ZennoPoster is not just an app, it's a platform with a huge number of libraries, browsers, modules etc. inside.

All of them are designed for Windows and are integrated tightly, sometimes in a weird way. It's highly unlikely that it will run in Wine and even if it does, you should always be expecting really weird behavior that you will rarely be able to reproduce.

Believe me, a software piece running in an environment where nobody has tested it yet is not what you want to do.

If there is a project that is important enough, invest in re-writing it into a native C# or PHP app that you could run on any machine. C# and PHP apps currently run in Linux with no hassle, at least if there is no complicated GUI.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)