Project variables mess up

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 184
Баллы
I have not really any details yet, but there is some problem with project variables,
when you open templates to do some edit, i a couple of times noticed that when i do some action copy then there brings over to other templates variables value.

Example: template.xmlz, template1.xmlz, template2.xmlz is similar templates and all of them have {-Variable.country-} in each of template country is different and as default value, but when you copy actions you sometimes over copy variable value, therefore in all templates country become same...

Could be because when now in new version when you define default variable value then when you next time open template then variable value is already in default value and in actual value... Previous versions set actual value only when pressed restart debug...

Will update this thread as I'll get some new info...

Thanks

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 184
Баллы
So first of all is that if you change default variable in project, PM do not see that something is changed and do not offer to save anything, therefore when you close template and open again there is old variable..

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
You should save project)
Variable's values theres soething that is meant to be changed for execution and testing. Whole concept of project is not changing with it.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 184
Баллы
You should save project)
Variable's values theres soething that is meant to be changed for execution and testing. Whole concept of project is not changing with it.
I'm not sure if i understood correctly what you said. But my point was, that when you change default value in template then project does not gets red like usual when something is changed in project... Therefore when you close project it does not ask if you want to save and such...

Another point about those variables is: when you copy action from one project to other then it over-copy not only variable but also variables default value, so if in one project you have {-Variable.country-} with default value Russia and in second project you have {-Variable.country-} with default value Latvia then if you copy action from Russia project to Latvia project then this default variable value replaces and you are getting default value Russia in both projects...

I'm telling this because this is something new and I really consider this as bug because I have messed up projects many times with this bug...

I have lot of projects what using same variables but with different default values, so when I copy some action from one project to other I should check all variables again if nothing is messed up...

Hope you got my point...

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Added information to ideacollector. Developers will check )

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 184
Баллы
Added information to ideacollector. Developers will check )

I'm adding an example to illustrate better seriousness...

Check example i added...

And try to copy this one c# action from Some-name-1.xmlz to Some-name-2.xmlz

All default variables over-writes... Imagine if you have 50 variables in project and you copy one action and you have day lost to re-set back real variables for template, with research what default variable you had as default in particular template... :D

Hope to hear from you in next post that it will be fixed for next build :D

Cheers

Вложения

• 16,2 КБ Просмотры: 189

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
I like your stubborn sometimes)
I"ve set task to DD and mark that you wanna it to be implemented a lot)

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 184
Баллы

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 184
Баллы
I press Yes for this option by accident and ticked checkbox do not show anymore, where can I change this option from settings ?

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Do you mean this?

upload_2015-1-29_11-44-29.png

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
  • Спасибо
Реакции: lokiys

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 184
Баллы

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)