[SOLVED] Match numbers not going into a variable?

jp1

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
When I take DOM, and select 'What to take', I can get First to extract the first result of my regex because I can put it in a variable. But when I select 'Match no.1' to get a specific match, I can't put it in a variable. Is this a bug or is there another way to extract data that isn't by putting it into a variable?

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
Select one match from these options

jp1

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
You mean in the section Tab data/ What to take: ?

Because there, First and One Match work for me. They allow me to create a variable, and when I click close window an alert asks me 'Variable doesn't exist. Create it?

But when I choose What to take: All or Match No. X, it doesn't ask me this and doesn't allow me to create a variable or to put it into an already existing variable. ZP is on a virtualbox with windows 7 and only 1gb ram but this surely can't be the problem, maybe it's a bug?

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Match. No and All allow you to save several values. That's why you can use only lists here and not variables.

jp1

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Doesn't match No. allow me to save the match number of a given regular expression on a DOM text? I'm taking text from a webpage, not from a list! So surely it's a bug?

What I mean is:

There's the DOM
I 'Take DOM'
I select a match no. 4 of a regexp
And try to create a variable or add it to a variable already created, but it won't budge. It doesn't allow me to 'Put to Variable'.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
It's not a bug.

You use First and One match if you need to save 1 value to variable.
And use Match No. and All when you need to save several values to list.

jp1

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Oh, ok I understand. I was fixated on match No., thinking it was the match number, whereas it's 'One match' that does the function I was looking for! I had somehow thought One match was unchangeable from the default 'Last', which was very stupid of me, but mostly I was just fixated on Match No.

I agree, it's solved.

While I'm here, what does Match No. do actually?

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
You can use ranges there.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)