List Question

D-MAN369

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hello,

I have looked through the Confluence page and searched here but am confused on the information I have read so far. I have a question regarding list and list processing.

So lets say I want to enter a form with an email list daily, using multiple threads. Use the email list day 1, use the same email list day 2, etc. How can this be accomplished?

Also, on the drop down of with "Get Line" - First (Does this mean grabs the first line of the list)? If so then I need a way to be able to grab email1 on the first thread, email2 on the 2nd thread, email3 on the 3rd thread, etc.

Thanks in advance!

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
Hello and welcome.

You can create a file with today's date in the name. And copy all emails from your main .txt file into .txt file you create every day with a date in txt file name.
Then just take the first or random line from the file and delete that line. There is a checkbox - Delete line after taking.

This can be a logic for using the same emails every day. You just have to schedule your template to run every day.

As per your question about threads. If you take the first line from your txt file and delete the line, then the next thread will take the next line and next thread next and so on.

PS. You can also use search option in the forum and you can find many answers there as well.

D-MAN369

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thank you!

Just so I am following.

1. Make a master txt file for emails with date.
2. Make a txt file with emails for the first start day of the project.
3. Select First and delete line after taking (in my case start at the first email line).
4. Make new txt file with emails for the next day and update my project for the following day?
5. set schedule for project

In creating the list and using multiple threads I would also need to have this selected?

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
Master .txt file name can be whatever you want.
Create everydays .txt file with .txt file name as today's date ex. today's .txt file would be 25-10-2023.txt
You also need logic to check if you already have such filename to prevent it from making same file again.
Files action will help you with creating files, copying file content and checking if file exist.

Please try to implement your logic and see if it works as you want.
if not come with an exact question or problem. :-)

D-MAN369

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thank you, since my email list is so long and may not get through the entire list, I think I am going to just get line and add line to one list.

Get Line - First, delete line after taking
Add line - add line, Get line variable in the row field

This way I can just cycle through the list every day.

• Спасибо
Реакции: myndeswx

myndeswx

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thank you, since my email list is so long and may not get through the entire list, I think I am going to just get line and add line to one list. Посмотреть вложение 113319
Get Line - First, delete line after taking
Add line - add line, Get line variable in the row field

This way I can just cycle through the list every day.
It's a smart approach, and it could work if you had the 'save changes to the file' unchecked, and you would not actually need to add any lines back, BUT this will not work in multithreaded. Because this would be an infinite loop, it would keep taking and adding lines back to the file forever.

This should work

Вложения

D-MAN369

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
It's a smart approach, and it could work if you had the 'save changes to the file' unchecked, and you would not actually need to add any lines back, BUT this will not work in multithreaded. Because this would be an infinite loop, it would keep taking and adding lines back to the file forever.

This should work
Amazing thank you! I will give it a try, greatly appreciated.

• Спасибо
Реакции: myndeswx

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)