List of To Do's and Feature Ideas

Boxcutter

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hey guys here is a list of features/enhancements I would like to see added to ZP. Some are far
more important than others but I would personally like to see a lot of these added.

The big ones already discussed on the forums and all due for release:

1) Update debug mode - http://zennolab.com/discussion/showthread.php?4430-BIG-TIMESAVER!!!-Speed-Up-The-Debug-Process

2) Scheduler - http://zennolab.com/discussion/showthread.php?6649-Scheduler

3) Macro like builder/alternative - http://zennolab.com/discussion/showthread.php?5955-Bring-Back-the-Macros

An alternative has kind of been added with the C# action but nothing like the old macros. It's a real pity because the old macros can 1) be used inside other actions easily so templates can be cut down in size and run more efficiently and 2) are very easy to use and require no knowledge of C#

4) Ability to use sub templates - http://zennolab.com/discussion/showthread.php?6224-Ability-to-launch-another-template-from-one-template

Other features I feel should/could be added (This is in no particular order). Many of these are to do with speeding up workflow:

1) Easily use the profile variables in the action designer value box quickly. Right click in the action designer value field and use profile variables just like you can in the normal browser window.

2) Automatically pull values into the action designer attribute value field. When I select 'outertext' for example the attribute field below it should automatically be populated with that value. This saves going over and back copy and pasting in values from the 'select element properties' window.

Great addition that was added in 4.5.0.1 - http://zennolab.com/discussion/showthread.php?9276-New-build-4-5-0-1-(06-March-2013)

3) We should be able double click the inputs/outputs connector on one action and drag it to another instead of having to delete it and pull another one.

4) It's hard to connect actions if they are not on the same screen. It should auto scroll when you are trying to pull a connecter to another action that is off screen or out of view. At the moment you have to move the action then connect to the other one before moving the action back where it was.

To do the above see No.1 here - http://zennolab.com/discussion/showthread.php?7243-Simple-Operational-Tips-For-Newbie

5) Should be able left click, drag to highlight branches and then right click copy and paste them into the same canvas or into another template you have open. Not just groups but groups,actions,all connectors and associated variables.

Also when you click and highlight you should be able hit delete to delete everything that is highlighted as well.

6) Expand on the search by picture so instead of just having the options to left click, right click etc you should have a option to click keystroke emulation with a text box to type in your keystrokes all in one go. This box should work just like the normal keystrokes action so you can use control+space but you can also click 'test' to test your keystrokes before adding it to the project. When it is saved ZP could then add the two actions to the editor window.

7) Add option to confirm all links that match your regex in the receive email action (instead of just one).

Why? Let's say you create a template for any platform out there and you run your registration. At the moment ZP has to register and then run the email action for every site you want to sign up on. If you want to use one email to signup across all the sites you will be blocked out in no time and run into problems so you are forced to use a ton of emails to try and get around it.

It would be so much better if you could run your registration template and when there are no sites left in your list to sign up on you would have your template run the email action once! How? It would login to your pop3 one time, find all the emails that match your 'how to find email' regex and then save them all to a list. After that we could just have ZP loop through and go to each line/confirmation link on the list.

Makes perfect sense to me. I can't be the only one that wants to use one email to signup across a load of sites. Think about it.

Added in 4.3.5.0

8-) Mouse emulation. Right now it takes 5 actions to click one button with it and it's completely laborious to setup. Tutorial video here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPOlad-pHhg

Wouldn't it be a lot better if the mouse emulation worked during the recording process.

So you use the action designer to find whatever you want to click. Select rise, then under the event drop down select a new option 'emulation'. Click 'add to project' and up pops the mouse emulation action window with the X and Y 'from' coordinates automatically filled with the 'LeftInTab' and 'TopInTab' values respectively.

You then enter in the 'to' values e.g X+50 and Y+15, decide if you want normal/equally spread clicks etc and click 'done', the window disappears and the action is added to the recording. When you stop recording your mouse emulation action is added to your editor, done in one action.

Note: Please watch the tutorial above if you are not familiar with how the mouse emulation
works. Afterwards you will see the benefit of this feature idea.

9) Ability to create global variables directly from the input settings window. At the moment when you use input settings to take in data you can only add that data to local variables. Afterwards you have to add a variable processing action for every local variable you want to use globally just to convert them into global variables. In the 'Save to Variable' drop down if there was another select option called 'New Global Variable' to create Global variables right away it would work way better.

10) A variable for the action id. I was going to suggest a new log action so you can gather all the log errors for each template easily but the bad end will work fine. All that needs to be added is the ability to output the action ID when a action fails. How useful would it be to be able to output a log file for each of your temps that would look something like this:

{-variable.site-};{-action.ID-}

Anybody creating any platform temps etc would love this. You could run your temp in Zennoposter and then go through your template log file to see what sites failed and then have the exact action ID for each of them to find what action it failed on in PM.

Other useful variables to do with actions that could be added are {-action.comment-} and {-action.group-}.

{-action.comment-} would output the default action comment but if you are using your own comments it would output that instead. This would make it easier to see straight away where your temp is having problems in your log file.

{-action.group-} would output the action group name. If none exists then it would be blank.

Example log output using {-variable.site-};{-action.group-};{-action.comment-};{-action.ID-}

http://www.google.com;Add Content;Enter Article Title;7d2cf1c2-c0da-4d3b-aed8-47c69500e2a2
http://www.another.com;Email Processing;Click Confirm Link;aa0f0ad8-89d8-485a-b543-f4dd24badea3

This great feature was added in 4.3.7.0 here - http://zennolab.com/discussion/showthread.php?8733-New-build-4-3-7-0-(17-01-2013)

Some extra miscellaneous ideas:

1) Ctrl + and Ctrl - should allow us to zoom in and out of the canvas. The canvas blurs a lot when it is zoomed out at the moment making it hard to work with/read actions when not in the default zoom.

2) Ability to minimize the top toolbar in the editor and top toolbar in actions recording window. At the moment we can either see all the icons and text or else hide the ribbon. I just want the ability to save as much space as possible and still have easy access to the buttons.

So basically quick minimize button just like there already is for the bottom bar in the editor window that contains tables, lists etc would do it perfectly. I'm sure a lot of users don't need anything more than minimized icons and it will add a significant amount of much needed extra space to both windows.

Cheers,
Boxcutter

tarutoman

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I hope the developers will take note of all this good sugestions.

Kepperbes

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I hope the developers will take note of all this good sugestions.
We shall see. Anton mentioned that features will be added provided we make feature requests, so thats what this thread is for. Obviously I'd like to have all of these features implemented to ZP4 as soon as possible, would only make it better.

Kepperbes

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Also, for request #2, HB mentioned in this thread HERE that its currently being developed.

Boxcutter

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
The feature list has been updated with another idea. See above #7

Thanks

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы

Boxcutter

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I've added another feature above: #8 - Mouse Emulation

Also slightly expanded on #6 so you guys can understand exactly what I mean by adding
the keystrokes emulation into the search by picture mode and how it would be useful to
anyone who uses that action.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Baramon

Baramon

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

Kepperbes

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
This being the mother of all enhancement threads, I see no reason why it shouldnt be stickied. Also, for anyone reading this, if you've read it and not hit Thank you, please do because it increases the likelihood of some of these ideas turning into actual features.

Boxcutter

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Number 9 added above. If you like one or more of the ideas above click thanks and leave a comment about what
you like about it/them. None of these ideas will come to fruition if you guys don't comment about what you like etc

• Спасибо
Реакции: mikelac и rostonix

hotohori

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks to Boxcutter for putting this list together.

3) We should be able double click the inputs/outputs connector on one action and drag it to another instead of having to delete it and pull another one.
I really like this. Maybe I'm getting old :p, sometimes after I deleted an action link, I can't remember which action I was suppose to link from or link to :D.
This feature will really benefit those working with big messy templates.

2) Ability to minimize the top toolbar in the editor and top toolbar in actions recording window. At the moment we can either see all the icons and text or else hide the ribbon. I just want the ability to save as much space as possible and still have easy access to the buttons.
Currently you can add the buttons to Quick Access Toolbar (right click on button and choose "add to Quick Access Toolbar") and then hide/minimize the ribbon.

Boxcutter

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Currently you can add the buttons to Quick Access Toolbar (right click on button and choose "add to Quick Access Toolbar") and then hide/minimize the ribbon.
Yeah I've actually come across that and it is close to being usable. There are some serious problems with it though.

1) Icons don't minimize correctly so your left with those same color dots instead of proper icons.

2) The toolbar resets after you close PM and open it again so you would have to add all the buttons every time.

3) The toolbar is universal so when you add buttons to it and you are in either the editor or the
actions recording window you see ALL the buttons vs what's actually needed in the editor or the actions
recording window. Why would I want to see the run debug buttons etc in the recording window?
They both need their own toolbar just like they both have their own top ribbon.

4) When you switch from actions recording back to the editor or vice versa the ribbon appears again
and you have to click for it too disappear. If I want to minimize the top ribbon(s) it/they should stay
minimized all the time. Including when I close PM and open it up again.

As I said though it is close to being usable but it does really need the above changes before I
could ever use it all the time and I'm sure loads of other users would use it all the time as well.

topbar.JPG

Note: In the above image I have added the buttons I would need from the editor window. Imagine
what it would look like with another 12 buttons from the recording window. It would be a complete
nightmare to work with.

Boxcutter

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
delete - double post, thanks

hotohori

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Yeah I've actually come across that and it is close to being usable. There are some serious problems with it though.

1) Icons don't minimize correctly so your left with those same color dots instead of proper icons.

2) The toolbar resets after you close PM and open it again so you would have to add all the buttons every time.

3) The toolbar is universal so when you add buttons to it and you are in either the editor or the
actions recording window you see ALL the buttons vs what's actually needed in the editor or the actions
recording window. Why would I want to see the run debug buttons etc in the recording window?
They both need their own toolbar just like they both have their own top ribbon.

4) When you switch from actions recording back to the editor or vice versa the ribbon appears again
and you have to click for it too disappear. If I want to minimize the top ribbon(s) it/they should stay
minimized all the time. Including when I close PM and open it up again.

As I said though it is close to being usable but it does really need the above changes before I
could ever use it all the time and I'm sure loads of other users would use it all the time as well.

Посмотреть вложение 2720

Note: In the above image I have added the buttons I would need from the editor window. Imagine
what it would look like with another 12 buttons from the recording window. It would be a complete
nightmare to work with.
Wow... that sounds totally not usable at all. I didn't realize these as I have not been using this feature.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Boxcutter

Boxcutter

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Added Number #10 above. Another must if you ask me.

• Спасибо
Реакции: rostonix

Kepperbes

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
7) Add option to confirm all links that match your regex in the receive email action (instead of just one).

Why? Let's say you create a template for any platform out there and you run your registration. At the moment ZP has to register and then run the email action for every site you want to sign up on. If you want to use one email to signup across all the sites you will be blocked out in no time and run into problems so you are forced to use a ton of emails to try and get around it.

It would be so much better if you could run your registration template and when there are no sites left in your list to sign up on you would have your template run the email action once! How? It would login to your pop3 one time, find all the emails that match your 'how to find email' regex and then save them all to a list. After that we could just have ZP loop through and go to each line/confirmation link on the list.

Makes perfect sense to me. I can't be the only one that wants to use one email to signup across a load of sites. Think about it.
I've been wishing Zennolab would implement this idea since ZP3, but yet its still not in here. Dont know how difficult it is to add, but it DEFINITELY needs to be in here.

10) A variable for the action id. I was going to suggest a new log action so you can gather all the log errors for each template easily but the bad end will work fine. All that needs to be added is the ability to output the action ID when a action fails. How useful would it be to be able to output a log file for each of your temps that would look something like this:

{-variable.site-};{-action.ID-}

Anybody creating any platform temps etc would love this. You could run your temp in Zennoposter and then go through your template log file to see what sites failed and then have the exact action ID for each of them to find what action it failed on in PM.

Other useful variables to do with actions that could be added are {-action.comment-} and {-action.group-}.

{-action.comment-} would output the default action comment but if you are using your own comments it would output that instead. This would make it easier to see straight away where your temp is having problems in your log file.

{-action.group-} would output the action group name. If none exists then it would be blank.

Example log output using {-variable.site-};{-action.group-};{-action.comment-};{-action.ID-}
Another great idea, which would DRASTICALLY cut down on workload. I think this should be easy enough to add, but it definitely gets my vote!

• Спасибо
Реакции: JackedUp

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
I LOVE #10 suggestion :-)
Thank is given :-)

• Спасибо
Реакции: Boxcutter

underwear

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Благодарностей
Баллы
I've been wishing Zennolab would implement this idea since ZP3, but yet its still not in here.
Here's just one thread, over a year old (aka ZP3), with multiple people speaking about experiences the complete opposite to your claim. See how they mention separating email process into a separate template solves the problem.

http://zennolab.com/discussion/showthread.php?2688-Process-multiple-emails

here is my comments from ZennoMer Experience:

Previously, we made activation process immediately after registration finish in the same template, it works perfectly if you run one thread at a time.

and while we were adding support to more forums types, we found that some forums takes alot of time to send the activation email.
Therefore, we decided to separate the activation process in other template, and the registration template in return will save all activation information needed to Activation_Account.txt in project folder.
Hey, my email template works with 100% success now. Here are my thoughts:

1. It's a good decision to separate the email processing from the main template.

Boxcutter

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Captain, how #7 is used is entirely up to the ZP user. This is a feature request thread so please don't try and turn it into a argument. I gave just one way of using it while another user may decide that separating it into it's own template will work a lot better. In fact I have a dedicated email template just to do the email processing myself. This request is to add the ability to download all emails that match your regex and allow us to regex out all links that match your activation link regex from them. Simple as that. I would much prefer to have one action in Zenno do everything VS my 20 action system using 2 external exes even if it's better than any other workaround I've seen yet and I am certainly not the only one.

So what was Kepperbes actually talking about when he said:

kepperbes сказал(а):
I've been wishing Zennolab would implement this idea since ZP3, but yet its still not in here.
From that thread:

abu_zooz сказал(а):
I am sure zennolab people will find away to enhance the email client, it is missing ONE FEATURE ONLY and it would be perfect, the missing feature in my opinion is to run regex values on all emails downloaded at once, if this can be done, I can save all resulted links found to txt file and start working from there.
bigcajones сказал(а):
I'm hoping that they can get this fixed in the version 4 whenever that is. What I do now is download the messages through outlook and save them then go through them and click the links. Doesn't work like other programs out there, but it hopefully will get better because this is a major issue.
Sounds to me like the guys over there wanted this feature during the ZP3 days as well :-)

CaptainObvious сказал(а):
See how they mention separating email process into a separate template solves the problem.
I can only presume you don't understand what the discussion is about on that thread or this request at all Captain. You are completely mixed up so it's safe to assume you lack any of your own practical experience with this problem. If you are actually suggesting that using the built in email process in a separate template somehow magically solves the pop3 connection problem it doesn't make any sense whatsoever and the above quotes you have taken out of context again are not saying that either.

Благодарностей
Баллы

Boxcutter

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

domination

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
What about a Zoom in (+) and Zoom out (-) option for the Project Editor window? I'd love to have something like that. I am very new to ZennoPoster though but loving it already ;-) Will purchase full version soon.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
  • Спасибо
Реакции: domination

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)