Line taken from file but not being deleted

david silvester

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
I have a template set up that posts to twitter from a text file.
I have an action that reads the text file and takes a line out of it into a variable.
I have selected the option "delete line from file", but it does not delete the line from the file!

Any ideas?

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
You are using a list to bind to the file?

david silvester

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
To be honest I bought the template then I have been modifying it a bit. Still new to ZP.

But there is a text file in resources folder, ZP checks it's present, then reads a line from it. But does not remove the line, is that enough info or do you need more?

Ps thanks for quick reply.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Sample

Вложения

• 10,3 КБ Просмотры: 182

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
If you are taking a line from a file and then deleting it you should have an old macro in a Word Processing action and set it to variable there like {-File.GetString-|-{-Variable.PATHTO FILE-}-|-0-|-true-} which will delete the first line in the file when grabbing it. If your template is using a list to bind to the file, then make sure the checkboxes in the list are all checked and make sure in your list processing that the checkbox for deleting is checked. See Anton's example above.

david silvester

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
sorry guys - your two comments prompted me to play around a little more, and I found that when I went into advanced editor, I had some icons at the bottom - I had what looked like an icon for each text file in the project, when I double clicked the "tweets" icon, there was an option in tehre "save change list to file", once I ticked that it worked.

When building the project though, that tick box didn't show by default, hence why I missed it.

Have another problem now where the tweet is getting typed in twice, but Ill try and troubleshoot myself and open up another thread if necessary.

Lastly just want to say zennoposter is AMAZING!

• Спасибо
Реакции: rostonix

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)