Jump to specific action in template

Maddo7

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
For example I have an action with ID 7c10e591-f829-426a-ad46-dacb91662ba5 in my project.
Is there a way to jump to this action from any place in the template? C# or regular?

Phoenix78

Client
Read only
Благодарностей
5 690
Баллы

Maddo7

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Why not? It could be really useful to jump to specific parts of the template in case of error.

Phoenix78

Client
Read only
Благодарностей
5 690
Баллы
Why not? It could be really useful to jump to specific parts of the template in case of error.
There is nothing useful here. These teleports will only confuse the whole pattern and no one will know where this connection leads. It will be a hard hell. GOTO is not welcome in any normal project.

Aronax

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
  • Спасибо
Реакции: morpheus93

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Why not using the 'bad end' option?
Yes, "Good end" and "Bad end" are the choice if you need some steps done after an error or if the whole project went well.

Jumping within the project is quite confusing, maybe an alternative way is to use "Project in project" for the steps you need done after an error. So you pack all the error handling in an project in project and call that every time where the issue could occure.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Aronax

Maddo7

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I would like to have that goto option on bad-end.
I have 3 phases in my project and on bad-end I want to have a logic that says if phase 1 failed, go to phase 1, if phase 2 failed, re-try phase 2, etc.

Phoenix78

Client
Read only
Благодарностей
5 690
Баллы
I would like to have that goto option on bad-end.
I have 3 phases in my project and on bad-end I want to have a logic that says if phase 1 failed, go to phase 1, if phase 2 failed, re-try phase 2, etc.
Break the project into the right number of logical parts and do as many cycles as you need. GOTO is not needed at all with proper design. And with crooked design, GOTO will not help, but will only make it worse.

• Спасибо
Реакции: morpheus93

Maddo7

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Yes, I would like to do that.
How do you catch an error in the logical part? Are you connecting every bad output somewhere?

Phoenix78

Client
Read only
Благодарностей
5 690
Баллы
How do you catch an error in the logical part? Are you connecting every bad output somewhere?
Of course, every red output is for error handling, or if the action is unimportant, then the status is set to Optional.
As an example, clicking on a URL and trying to do several actions. If an execution/control error occurs, there are 2 attempts to reload the page and try again. If all attempts are unsuccessful, then this problem is already being processed. Of course, there are more cubes, but you can shove many simple operations into C# code or, as written above, use splitting the project into subprojects.

Aronax

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
[QUOTE = "Maddo7, post: 661762, member: 9688"]
[/ QUOTE]

If you want to know / log every error that could appear in the logic of your template, or if you have a different procedure to follow when an error occurs in different stages of your template, then linking the bad end of each action block to a specific set of steps is a good idea.
But, if every time your template runs into an error you have just a single set of steps your template should follow, then there is no need to link each bad end of each action block to th tset of steps which need to be executed in case of error. You just use the Bad End action and link it to the specified steps that need to be taken in case of error.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)