Interconnecting Templates

fthomas137

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I really hate rewriting the same code again and again. Almost as much as copying the same code between templates. I would like to create tight little compartments of code that expect an input of data (or not) and supply an output of data (or not). Basically I like writing programs in little subroutines. Makes code reusage and repair super easy.

Can I do this in zennoposter? let me offer you an example.

I've written a nice tight piece of code that goes through a list of email addresses and passwords. It will provide an email address and password for the next template to create an account to a website for me.

Now, I'd like to reuse this code again and again - without copying it. When I start copying exact code between templates, it really makes the templates overly complicated. I'd just like to call another template providing the correct input and collecting the correct response.

Is this possible?

Thanks ahead of time!

Frank

gemini

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Not possible directly at the moment - I've requested this feature some time ago also.
Only solution would be creating chain of templates and reading/writing text files.
(one template doing some magic and writing output to text file, while next template waits for completion, and then reads produced text files)

fthomas137

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Ah, thanks Gemini, I was kind of afraid of that one, lol. But the linking with text files isn't a bad situation either. Just kinda clumsy.

Thanks,

Frank

veeco

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
@gemini, any idea on how you chain them ? in project maker ? or in zennoposter ?

gemini

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
In zennoposter.
Click "create new task" - add some templates - set up "group".
Templates will be executed with order assigned by group number (lowest first).
Next group won't start unless previous group is successfully executed.

You might also chain without groups (depends on needs) - but one template (let's say email creator) can write data to text file, while next file will pick that line and create some social account.
So this templates might work simultanously.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)