How to Use "FileName" to Input Settings

shThs

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi,

I am creating a bot that grabs text from a list and deletes after taking.

Currently, I use the List Processing block to grab from a list, then put it to a variable. The list is set to load from a file in the local directory. In this bot, the txt file is fixed and already preset as a list in the project.

The problem I have is that I want to use the "FileName" feature in Input Settings to allow the user select the txt file before they start the project. That said, how do I process that action in the bot?

I added some screenshots to show my choices. I don't understand how to get the bot to process a list from the project if the txt file is chosen before the project starts.

Thank you for any suggestion ahead of time.

comments1.jpg

comments2.jpg
comments3.jpg

comments4.jpg

shThs

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
I've resolved the issue with binding the file from the start of the project to the list. I didn't realize that I could enter a {-Variable.xxx-} in the list File path. I thought when I click on Load from File, I could only choose a local file from my drive. Now I realize that I could place the command above to automatically bind the selected text at the start of the file to the list.

I searched all the threads, but this bit of information is missing from the Wiki page in List section. Maybe that is something you guys can clarify about list properties.

EtaLasquera

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Have you tried bind to the file?

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 846
Баллы
I've resolved the issue with binding the file from the start of the project to the list. I didn't realize that I could enter a {-Variable.xxx-} in the list File path. I thought when I click on Load from File, I could only choose a local file from my drive. Now I realize that I could place the command above to automatically bind the selected text at the start of the file to the list.

I searched all the threads, but this bit of information is missing from the Wiki page in List section. Maybe that is something you guys can clarify about list properties.
You did it exactly as most users do - pass list path to variable via input settings and put this variable into list path in project.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы

Do not use the variable in List path.
Instead, use action Bind to file.
where You put list path.

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 846
Баллы
Guys, variable can be used in List path if takes value from Input settings.

shThs

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
I was having a problem with Bind to File when I used Text Processing along with the FileName selection in Input Settings. Since the file is selected before the bot is started, I didn't understand how to connect and bind the Text Processing module to the empty list. So the variable text in the list path was the only thing that seems to make it work straight away with fewer steps.

EtaLasquera

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Strange, I test and for me, work. ZP 5.16.2

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)