How to import a list into a form?

jp1

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I have a list with 200,000 strings, but I only want to export 500 to the browser page. How is this done on MP if there's no macro builder?

jp1

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
You can use List processing - Sublist to copy nessesary amount of lines to other list.

jp1

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Inside List Processing, there is an option to Select sublist, but it's not clear what it means. If it means to select a number of lines from a list and create a sublist, it doesn't make clear whether it wants me to list the old list above or below, where it says 'List'. 'Range', I assume, is the number of strings I want to tell it to extract from the List I supposedly created at the footer, when I created a list consisting of the contents inside a file path I specified.

Also, when I specified the path and said to Load from a file, it only shows the first 15 strings, of the 200,000 the file has in reality. As I say above, also I don't know how to select sublist, one of the reasons being it doesn't say 'create sublist', I think it's not described well.

I know how to read from a file and extract all of its strings now, but I don't know how to make this extraction limited in quantity. This is why I need to learn how to create a sublist. Hopefully, creating a sublist will allow me to save file opening and closing memory time which Zennoposter 3 wasted a lot of time on when it came to big files as it would open the file for each and every string it extracted.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Create list 1 and load to it your file.
Create list 2 and leave it empty
Select sublist by using ranges http://wiki.zennolab.com/doku.php?id=en:ranges

Anyway I don't advise you to use files that big :-)
You better split it to several 50000 and take random one.

jp1

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
do you mean:

Make a select sublist step.
List processing.
In the first line, above I select List 2, the list I want to import List1 (the one with the imported strings)
I choose 'Select sublist'.
Below, where it says 'List', I write List1.
And below I write 0-99 (because I want to create a sublist with 100 strings).

Maybe it's the other way around, maybe List1 should be where List2 is, though I wouldn't know. It's just I have no way of testing if this is correct or not. In the old ZP, all I'd have to do is copy the result and write the result to file. But here I don't know where to copy the result to.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы

RedOrbit

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
it only shows the first 15 strings, of the 200,000 the file has in reality.
I think that as designed. It will never show the full list, even if you have 20 and even if you try to scroll down. Don't worry about it, the fact that you've got part of the list is good.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)