How to add content of excel file into Zenno table?

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi all,

Would oyu have a tutorial on how to read an axcel file and add its content to a Zenno table please?

Thanks

Reactor3000

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
To add content from an Excel file into a Zennoposter table, you can follow these steps:
  1. Use the "Read from Excel" action to read the content of the Excel file into Zennoposter. Specify the path of the Excel file and the sheet from which you want to read the data.
  2. Use the "Set Variable" action to store the content of the Excel file into a variable. You can choose a suitable name for the variable.
  3. Use the "Loop" action to iterate through each row of the Excel data. Select the variable that contains the Excel data as the data source.
  4. Inside the loop, use the "Add row" action to add a row to the Zennoposter table. Specify the values of the columns in the row using variables. You can use the "Get cell" action to extract the data from the Excel file and store it in variables.
  5. Repeat the above steps until all rows of the Excel data have been added to the Zennoposter table.
  6. Use the "Save table to CSV" action to save the Zennoposter table to a CSV file if needed.
Here's an example of what the workflow might look like:

In this example, we are reading data from an Excel file and adding it to a Zennoposter table with two columns: "Name" and "Age". We use the "Loop" action to iterate through each row of the Excel data and add a corresponding row to the Zennoposter table using the "Add row" action. Finally, we save the table to a CSV file using the "Save table to CSV" action.

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thank you for your help.
In the latest Zenno i cannot find the action "Read From Excel"

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 846
Баллы
You should just load a table from exel file in table properties.

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks, yes I did that.
I can see the data in the table.
The part I do not understand form you is this one as I cannot see an action for this:
  1. Use the "Loop" action to iterate through each row of the Excel data. Select the variable that contains the Excel data as the data source.
Is there a special block for this please?

Thank you

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 846
Баллы
Thanks, yes I did that.
I can see the data in the table.
The part I do not understand form you is this one as I cannot see an action for this:
  1. Use the "Loop" action to iterate through each row of the Excel data. Select the variable that contains the Excel data as the data source.
Is there a special block for this please?

Thank you
That's not from me...
But if you want to know how to go through the table in a loop,
then you should take a line (or cell) from table and repeat this action in a loop

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thank you so much I will try this later on and post back :-)

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)