How Do I Open New Tabs

buttugly

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi All,

First, if this has already been addressed please just post the thread URL (looked for about 20 minutes but with no success).

Anyway, I have been playing the demo for the last week and enjoy the system but can not figure out how to do this. For this particular project I want to use ZP as a semi-automated tool. I want it to be able to log in to a web 2.0 site, copy the content into WYSIWYG editor and stop. That way I can check formatting and link it manually. Yes, I know I can automate these things and will for other projects, but I want to do this project on semi-auto.

So here is what I would like to do -

Open 5 different sites in 5 tabs (or browsers) and stop one it has loaded text data onto the page. I can't figure out how to open a new tab.

Once I failed at that I tried running two projects in the same group, but it just continued in the same browser tab, so that was a fail on my part. I then copied two separate processes recorded in the 'action recording on the web page' section and linked them with a 'open new tab' in the template editor and the best I could get was both seeming to work and the back history only going as far back as the start of the second series of action ... but again, no 2 tabs with separate sites to then interact with.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
Hey there,
There is a small bug with "open new tab" button.
To open new tab you can go to the editor and there add new branch:
set->web browser->open new tab and name this new tab somehow in Parameter's value

• Спасибо
Реакции: helloworld

buttugly

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thankyou. But I have another (perhaps noobish question).

How do I get the second series of events to happen in the new tab. Here is the test project I am working on to illustrate -

1. Clears Cookies
2. Goes to Reddit.com
3. Clicks the Gaming link

I added a new branch as indicated above and linked that to a second set of web actions which

1. Goes to Google.com
2. Does a search for fishing etc

My problem is that even though I open a second tab, both set of operations are done in the first tab. How do I get the second set to operate in the new tab I just opened?

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
Thankyou. But I have another (perhaps noobish question).

How do I get the second series of events to happen in the new tab. Here is the test project I am working on to illustrate -

1. Clears Cookies
2. Goes to Reddit.com
3. Clicks the Gaming link

I added a new branch as indicated above and linked that to a second set of web actions which

1. Goes to Google.com
2. Does a search for fishing etc

My problem is that even though I open a second tab, both set of operations are done in the first tab. How do I get the second set to operate in the new tab I just opened?
You should use url in such form:
URL-|-pagename
if you do some actions on the page you should choose on which tab will you do it. for such things there is Tab property, write there name of your tab in the editor for branches where it is necessary

buttugly

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks for that, but I am still having issues. I can get the new page to now open in the new tab, but that is it. None of the actions required in the second tab get actioned after I change the parameter's value (ie set the web action to open new tab 'tab 2') and then set the web action for the second site to open in tab 2.

Is it possible to get around this with multithreading? For example, set up 5 templates that each open a separate site. Then open ZP and add all 5 templates, set the number of threads to 5 and assign each template to a task count of 1? I can't try to see if this works for me as the demo only has a single thread.

Thanks

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
Is it possible to get around this with multithreading? For example, set up 5 templates that each open a separate site. Then open ZP and add all 5 templates, set the number of threads to 5 and assign each template to a task count of 1? I can't try to see if this works for me as the demo only has a single thread.
Of course, it is. If you want to see - I can show you via teamviewer

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)