enable / disable delayed drawing from node

bartjan

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
can we enable / disable delayed drawing from within the project?
maybe some C # code?

There are a lot of times when I've been debugging. but then afterwards i'd like to have it disabled.
make it to debugging faster.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 183
Баллы
can we enable / disable delayed drawing from within the project?
maybe some C # code?

There are a lot of times when I've been debugging. but then afterwards i'd like to have it disabled.
make it to debugging faster.
Hi.
What is difference if You click Disable delayed drawing button in toolbar OR You click play button to run action to disable that ?

bartjan

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
for example... lots of templates i have start by comparing the an ID from a list to a row from a table (which holds all the variables for that ID). there's thousands of lines in the table, thus the loop that goes through all the lines at the start of the template (to find the proper variables) takes a long time when delayed drawing is not enabled. for that section i would like to have some node that enabled delayed drawing before it and a node that disables delayed drawing afterwards.

then the rest of the template simply does normal webbased stuff, which i like to watch it go through the nodes so that i have an idea of when it's reaching a spot where i might need to debug. thus that's the section i would like delayed drawing disabled.
of course i can manually click on the delayed drawing button. but often it takes 10-20 runs of the template before it gives me a certain situation that i need to work on or debug (for instance, when registering twitter accounts: about 2% of the time you get asked to upload a selfie during registration to set as profile picture, whereas 98% of the time they don't ask that and you can only set the profile picture afterwards). and when multitasking it's loads easier to monitor projectmaker to see if my focus is needed when you see the nodes moving (to know it's still running).

simply put: it would speed up each debug run by close to a minute and thus total debugging time for a template would also be substantially reduced for me, like 20-40mins.

thus if the option exists to have some C# code enable or disable delayed viewing, i'd like to know. if it doesn't exist, is it something that could be put in the next version?

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 183
Баллы
for example... lots of templates i have start by comparing the an ID from a list to a row from a table (which holds all the variables for that ID). there's thousands of lines in the table, thus the loop that goes through all the lines at the start of the template (to find the proper variables) takes a long time when delayed drawing is not enabled. for that section i would like to have some node that enabled delayed drawing before it and a node that disables delayed drawing afterwards.

then the rest of the template simply does normal webbased stuff, which i like to watch it go through the nodes so that i have an idea of when it's reaching a spot where i might need to debug. thus that's the section i would like delayed drawing disabled.
of course i can manually click on the delayed drawing button. but often it takes 10-20 runs of the template before it gives me a certain situation that i need to work on or debug (for instance, when registering twitter accounts: about 2% of the time you get asked to upload a selfie during registration to set as profile picture, whereas 98% of the time they don't ask that and you can only set the profile picture afterwards). and when multitasking it's loads easier to monitor projectmaker to see if my focus is needed when you see the nodes moving (to know it's still running).

simply put: it would speed up each debug run by close to a minute and thus total debugging time for a template would also be substantially reduced for me, like 20-40mins.

thus if the option exists to have some C# code enable or disable delayed viewing, i'd like to know. if it doesn't exist, is it something that could be put in the next version?
Well there is no code to do that as I know, but You can suggest features in there: https://zennolab.com/discussion/forums/enhancements.142/

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)