Compress folder profiles to save disk space - copy (folder/file) profiles to other disk

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I'm wondering if there are some special things/settings to keep in mind if we want to (un-)compress (7.zip) folder profiles to save disk space? E.g. "on the fly" during the project is working it unzips a pre-feeded profile at the beginning and compresses it again after project's main work is done.

Can also problems arise because of copying pre-feeded profiles from one disk (ssd or hd) to another disk?

Thanks for clarification.

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 849
Баллы
I'm wondering if there are some special things/settings to keep in mind if we want to (un-)compress (7.zip) folder profiles to save disk space? E.g. "on the fly" during the project is working it unzips a pre-feeded profile at the beginning and compresses it again after project's main work is done.

Can also problems arise because of copying pre-feeded profiles from one disk (ssd or hd) to another disk?

Thanks for clarification.
There is no special settings for compressing profile folders.
Moving profile-folder to another hardware may lead to authorization and data lost.

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
There is no special settings for compressing profile folders.
Moving profile-folder to another hardware may lead to authorization and data lost.
Okay, thank you for clarification. Why may moving profile folder to other hardware to data loss and how to avoid this? Sometimes I save the profiles/profile folders just on external HDDs/SSDs, so they are bound to the hardware to which the external drive is connected when the profile is saved the first time?

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 849
Баллы
Okay, thank you for clarification. Why may moving profile folder to other hardware to data loss and how to avoid this? Sometimes I save the profiles/profile folders just on external HDDs/SSDs, so they are bound to the hardware to which the external drive is connected when the profile is saved the first time?
Changing hard drive unlikely lead to data loosing, but if you change computer, data loss is possible.

myndeswx

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Changing hard drive unlikely lead to data loosing, but if you change computer, data loss is possible.
Could you please elaborate on this, because after moving a lot of profiles to a different machine all of them seem to be logged out? o_O
Could you please suggest any solutions on transferring these folders properly?

Thank you

Последнее редактирование:

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 849
Баллы
Could you please elaborate on this, because after moving a lot of profiles to a different machine all of them seem to be logged out? o_O
Could you please suggest any solutions on transferring these folders properly?

Thank you
I warned you about this.
What was ZP version with which you created the profile? and what is the version which your importing?

myndeswx

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Created on 7.7.1.0 , importing on 7.7.2.0

The profile folders are still available on the old computer running 7.7.1.0v

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 849
Баллы
  • Спасибо
Реакции: myndeswx

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)