Restart Instance leads to even more errors - HELP!

Aronax

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi guys. Would need your help/ thoughts in a problem I am facing in Zenno 5, in which regards the well-know error "Active tab of instance is not found..."

Template description:
I have a template which basically loads a profile, loads a private proxy, access a website and does 3 actions (loops):
Action 1 is being done 3 times (3 loops)
Action 2 is being done 12 times (12 loops)
Action 3 is being done 10 times (10 loops)
At the end of the template, it saves the profile.
It takes 15-20 minutes to finish the entire template (depending on how fast is the private proxy).

Doesn't run with huge tables...but I do have 4 tables from which it takes the profile names and some other stuff. However, each table has no more than 100 entries.

Machine Specs:
The entire template has about 500-600 Kb and it is running on a machine with the following specs: i5-2500 Sandy Bridge 3.3 Ghz with 12 Gb of RAM memory, SSD etc.

How I was using this template:
Used to run this template with 2 threads and the FF instance was eating up 1.5-2 Gb of ram. The CPU was loaded to 30-40%. When I tried to increase the number of threads to 3 or 4 I received the a/m error...active tab of instance is not found...

How I am using the template now:
So...now, I inserted the 'Restart Instance' block before each loop. The template is saving the profile, restarts the instance, loads the profile again and goes on with its actions. So..3 instance restarts...one before each loop...plus an instance restart at the beginning of the template (I know that it's pointless...but just to be sure) and another instance restart of the end of the template (pointless, again).

Problem:
Well...now the problem is that even when running the new template (with instance restart before each loop) with 2 threads, I receive the 'Active tab of instance is not found'...not to mention when I increase the number of threads to 3 or 4.

The odd thing is that, before adding 'restart instance' before each loop I was able to run it with 2 threads, without having any problem.

Another odd thing is that FF instance is not eating up more than 400-500 Mb (as mentioned above it used to eat up more than 1500 Mb)

Questions:
1. Isn't 'restart instance' supposed to help when it comes to multi-threading a template with a lot of loops? Asking this because, since I added 'Restart Instance' to the template, I receive the 'active instance tab not found' error even when running the template on 2 threads, as I used to do with the old template that didn't have the 'Restart Instance' feature.

2. Do you have any thoughts on how I could fix this problem?

Thanks a lot for your opinions!

PS: My problem appears regardless what version of zenno 5 I am using. Tried zenno 5.8.0.2 and 5.7.53...same error.

Последнее редактирование:

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы

Aronax

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks, will test it and let you know.

Aronax

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Unfortunately, it doesn't work.

Tested with two templates. First with 4 threads, then with 2 threads...in both situations I received the 'active tab of instance is not found' .

Sent mail to support with the diag.exe report. Thanks for getting back to me as soon as you can.

bill

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
is newest test build suppose to deal with this error yet?

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы

Aronax

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
The strange thing is that when running the templates on 4 threads, FFinstance doesn't eat more than 1-1.5 GB RAM memory. That's about 10-13% from the total amount of RAM which is installed on the machine: 12 GB total.
And the CPU rarely goes beyond 50% (usually stays at 30-40%). So, I think the instances have a lot more resources at their disposal compared to what they actually need.

PS: Tested this morning the same template on a 16 GB laptop, with the 5th generation i5 CPU (Turboboost to 2.7 GHz), Windows 8.1...the same error

PS2: Ont these machines only zenno is running (no other app that could eat up resources). The 12 GB desktop has Windows Server 2012 installed on it...the 16 GB laptop is running on Windows 8.1

Последнее редактирование:

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Next week we will release the new version with some stability fixes If they will not help, we should look more closer your project.

Aronax

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Is it possible that too many 'restart instances' to cause this kind of error? I mean my bot does an instance restart each time it completes a loop. In total it should be around 20-30 loops...so 20-30 instance restarts during the completion of the template.

I am asking this because, before adding 'restart instance' in the template, I was able to run it in two threads without any problem. Now, after it does an instance restart after each loop, I often get 'active tab of instance is not found' error even when running the template in 2 threads ( as I was doing before without any error).

Thanks

Harambulus

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi, I had the same issues, disabling javascript on a certain part of my template fixed it for me.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Aronax

Aronax

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
@Harambulus : Thanks for the tip. I've disabled javascript on the part of the template with the most issues, and I am currently testing the template with 4 threads. Looks like it is working fine.

However, I'm a bit worried about the anti-spam filters on this website...working without javascript could bring up some flags on my accounts. Only testing will tell if we'll have problems.

@rostonix : Maybe you have already considered this...but if you haven't...maybe it's a good idea to improve the way Zenno is handling javascripts when running with multiple threads.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Harambulus

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Is it possible that too many 'restart instances' to cause this kind of error? I mean my bot does an instance restart each time it completes a loop. In total it should be around 20-30 loops...so 20-30 instance restarts during the completion of the template.

I am asking this because, before adding 'restart instance' in the template, I was able to run it in two threads without any problem. Now, after it does an instance restart after each loop, I often get 'active tab of instance is not found' error even when running the template in 2 threads ( as I was doing before without any error).

Thanks
It shouldnt affect. But i do not restart instances that often. Usually once in 5 mins as minumum.

Aronax

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks Rostonix.

Update on my issue. After disabling javascript on the most difficult part of the template, I am able to run the template in 10 threads and it's very stable (I think I could increase it to 15-20 threads before hitting the computer resources limitation).

So, 'active tab of instance is not found' error definitely has something to do with javascripts that are being loaded in the instances, too.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Did you try 5.8.7 build?

Aronax

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Wow...didn't know 5.8.7 is ready. Will certainly try it and report back

Aronax

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Tried 5.8.7...things are even worse. With java enabled the template crashes even when running it in just 1 thread. With java disabled, it still crashes but more rarely. In both cases, I get the same error...active tab of instance is not found.

5.7.5.3 seems to work fine with java disabled.

Will prepare the project and send it to support.

Harambulus

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Ye this sucks when you still need javascipt for the page to function like I just found out I did on another thread that was crashing.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)