[SOLVED] Problem with long loading times and flickering images on twitter.com/user pages

chris007

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
I just upgraded to 4.3.0.0 and I have the same problem with finishing to load twitter profile pages as I had with 4.2.5.0.

You can easily test this bug by going in Actions recording to a page like twitter.com/aplusk where that particular twitter user has pictures posted.
On a twitter user profile page there is a box in the column on the left with "Recent images". This images are not just simple thumbnails but there is a javascript, I guess, that fades from black the appearance of those pictures. This script gets stuck somehow and the images start to flicker and the fade in doesn't complete. It takes 5-10 mins for the page to settle down and complete the loading proccess.
This makes my template unusable on v 4.2.5.0 and 4.3.0.0.

This problem does not exist in v 4.1.0.0 witch I'm force to use atm.

Can you reproduce this problem?

Please fix this so I can use the latest version with all the other bug fixes. :-)

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Disable pictures and it will work fine.

zon3d

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Or set a loading timeout.

chris007

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
I can't disable images because I'm using Click picture to click on buttons.
Also, the timeout is set to the default 30 secs and the page still takes 5-10 mins to finish loading.

From what I can see it's the same bug as in 4.2.5.0.

Rostonix, can you confirm you're experiencing the same bug in 4.3.0.0? Please go in Actions recording to a page like http://twitter.com/aplusk where that particular twitter user has pictures posted. Does it take a long while to load and the images on the left are flickering?

I want to know if this is a general problem or just a problem on my computer.

But as I was saying earlier in version 4.1.0.0 this bug does not exist so there must be something that can be done to fix it...

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Information was sent to devs.
Will be checked.

zeus

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Facing the same problem, I dont mind the flickering but the page take too long to finish loading.

check screencast :

http://www.screencast.com/t/sGVjcLdg

please send a fix for this ASAP. unable to work with twitter because of this bug.

chris007

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Rostonix, is there any news on this bug fix?

When will the next version be released?

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
We're working on this.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)