Problem with GIF Images and CaptchaSaver.dll

BlackSun

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Trying to use the CaptchaSaver.dll to grab a GIF image which I intend to send to Capmonster for training. :p

Problem is the GIF is black text on a transparent background (alpha channel). Easy enough to see on the website but when CaptchaSaver.dll saves it as a jpg, it becomes dark grey text on a black background. Almost impossible to read. :(

So is there anyway to configure CaptchaSaver.dll to convert the transparent alpha channel to white not black?

Or perhaps just save the image exactly the way it appears in the browser?

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
Have you tried to save them as .jpg?

BlackSun

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Actually I was saving them as jpg first then tried gif and bmp. The result is the same however when passing the image off to an online OCR service the gif and bmp work best. Probably because there are only 2 colors which makes ORC easier but with jpg there are a lot of compression artifacts that make the dark grey on black characters unreadable by OCR.

For this situation, scaling the images to x2 and saving them as gif then sending them to online OCR software, works OK, even though they're not very human readable. :rolleyes:

However I can see it being very useful to be able to grab an image exactly as it appears in the browser and to be able to use gif format with Capmonster.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)