Issue with File Naming using Variables

Pierre Paul Jacques

Активный пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hello,

I'm encountering a persistent issue with ZenoPoster when trying to dynamically name an Excel file using variables. My goal is to include variable content in the file's name when i create it. It works correctly when I do not append the standard file extension .xlsx to the file name. However, when I try to include the extension, the variable's value is not reflected in the saved file name.

To illustrate, I have a variable B_Nom with the value "bonjour" and another variable C_ID with a value of 0. I want to save my Excel file with the name reflecting these variables, like "bonjour 0.xlsx". But instead, the file is being saved without the variable values, just " .xlsx".
But i put a custom file extension like ".test" it's work!

I've attached a screenshot that shows the setup of my ZenoPoster project and the variables panel. As you can see, even though the variables have values assigned, they are not being included in the file name upon saving the file.

Has anyone faced a similar issue or could provide guidance on how to resolve this? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Вложения

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 184
Баллы

Pierre Paul Jacques

Активный пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi @lokiys, Thank for your answer, it is working!
You save my Sunday Night;-)

For the other who got the same trouble just 2 thing where i blocked also :
1. If you look the"Bind" block by find action you just see the "Bind to the file" for list so better to select it from "Table Processing"
2. If you wanna open the files you just create, Excel will give you an error message, don't worry you just have to add some data/content to your excel and it's work
3. Add after the Creation ( bind) a block of Waiting like 2 second to be sure to write the first data in the new file, in my case without it didn"t work
I hope this info will be helpful,)
What i wrote is just my experience/ guess, let's me know if i said some incorrect thing!

Последнее редактирование:

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)