How to get the Last Line of Excel?

Pierre Paul Jacques

Активный пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hello Zenno Community!

I’m encountering an issue with my ZennoPoster project and could use some help.
In my Excel table, each row corresponds to an article, and I need to know which ID to continue with after reopening a project. Essentially, I’m trying to read the last ID from the first column of the last row in my Excel table. This way, I can track the last article number and seamlessly continue from there.

However, when I restart Zenno, the "File Viewer" shows no data, and it seems to reset my list to zero, ignoring the Excel file’s previewed content. Has anyone faced a similar issue or can guide me on how to maintain the article count after a restart?

it will be great to something like this :

Be able to read the "Last" Cell of my excel file ( and not tab)
Ori guess i have to import the excel file my in "Articles" tab?

Thanks in advance for your help!

mta

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Save your variable into a text file at the end of your template .
When you restart your template: read the file and save it to your variable.

myndeswx

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
If the table does not show up means zenno can't load the file, probably the file name is incorrect(you have variables in there so check that), remove spaces, another known problem is that if you have excel open on your PC - zenno will not be able to write to it, so close the file on you PC.
Overall the approach is not correct IMO, on each run you should remove that line from the file instead of tracking the lines, you can add that line to another file, to keep track of what has already been done.

Or, if you want to keep the same file - take the first line with removing it, then add it back to the same file just adding a number at the end

so if your excel is like this:
title;article

You take these lines, and add back to the same file as:
title;article;completed

After taking each line to put it to variables by column, then check if variable from column C != 'completed'

• Спасибо
Реакции: Pierre Paul Jacques

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)