Gmail and zennoposter

krisztos

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Is it possible to login in gmail with zennoposter to verify links? I guess 2fa make it harder if not impossible.

roadhog

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
You need to go into Gmail account settings (or google account settings) and, under security, allow third-party apps.

aleksa77

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
It is working for you ?all working for some of my python code for sending emails so, it all works outside of Zenno , but in zenno getting error .

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Gmail stopped supporting unsecure apps with the beginning of July. I think it should be possible to generate app-codes for some application, but you need to set up your gmail accounts with 2FA.

I build my own solution using OAuth2 in C# that can be run from ZP/PM to overcome this issue.

aleksa77

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
yes, i did the same in python, but still do not understand why not work the same account and set up in zenno, but the same login works outside of zenno

krisztos

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Gmail stopped supporting unsecure apps with the beginning of July. I think it should be possible to generate app-codes for some application, but you need to set up your gmail accounts with 2FA.

I build my own solution using OAuth2 in C# that can be run from ZP/PM to overcome this issue.
yes, i did the same in python, but still do not understand why not work the same account and set up in zenno, but the same login works outside of zenno
Setting 2FA would allow zennoposter to check mails like in the past?

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Setting 2FA would allow zennoposter to check mails like in the past?
Afaik you need to activate 2FA and set up application specific passwords like it 's described here: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833

Of course the downside is that you need phone verification for every one of your gmail accounts and keeping the same phone numbers for a longer time.

The best solution will be if the Zennolab coders simply add OAuth2 in PM/ZP so we can access google accounts directly as in the past.

krisztos

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Afaik you need to activate 2FA and set up application specific passwords like it 's described here: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833

Of course the downside is that you need phone verification for every one of your gmail accounts and keeping the same phone numbers for a longer time.

The best solution will be if the Zennolab coders simply add OAuth2 in PM/ZP so we can access google accounts directly as in the past.
Do you have any knowledge if newest zennoposter solved that issue?

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Do you have any knowledge if newest zennoposter solved that issue?
No, it's not possible in the latest version of ZP to use OAuth2 authentication. Only solutions are the app-specific password, use a 3rd party or own coded solutions for OAuth or use weblogin in ZP and scrape the messages from there.

krisztos

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)