Facebook makes PM freeze

Aronax

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I've stopped automating Facebook a long time ago (Zenno V4 Ithink) and restarted now.

I am facing a big issue with Project Maker: it freezes when loading the timeline or any other kind of page.
I think it is trying to load the entire content which has been posted on that page (seeing lots of GET and POST requests when checking the traffic log...actually they never stop). And when searching an element after its class I've found posts which have been submitted on that specific page 2 years ago (and, of course, I didn't scroll down at all).

Also it consumes a lot of resources: 16-17% CPU (Intel 6800k) and over 2.5 GB RAM (screen-shot attached) and the lags are huge (inspect element takes 30 seconds...search element takes nearly one minute).

How can I stop PM from loading the entire facebook feed when navigating to a page? Or how could I make PM stop freezing?

Вложения

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 844
Баллы
Hello,

Do you have an example to reproduce the problem? Developers will look into this.

Astraport

Client
Благодарностей
4 335
Баллы
I confirm this issue and not only for Facebook, but for any large sites.
I wrote about this many times.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Aronax

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
And its long time bug there, I have reported this in past many times.
This is really easy to reproduce: just try to surf in facebook like normal user and You will see freezing will start soon. As more You work as worst it becomes.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Aronax

Aronax

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hello,

Do you have an example to reproduce the problem? Developers will look into this.
Hi Vlad,

It's quite simple to reproduce this situation. Load Project Maker, go to facebook, log in any account, go to a large company page (I tried amazon and teespring but you can try with any page that provides lots of content on a daily basis), click on the 'Posts' button (left-hand menu)...or just stay on the main page of that account for a while.
Start inspecting elements like classes of different posts on that page...it will load all the classes of the posts that have been submitted years ago (normally, you should scroll down a lot to get to those posts from 2 years ago) until the current day.
If you want even more evidence: when taking these elements to actions designer and searching after posts' classes, you will see that you will find hundreds of such elements...and if you will press search again a bit later, the number of found elements will be even higher, which means that PM is constantly loading the timeline of that page.

Of course, this abnormal behavior brings consistent freezes to PM and makes it consume a huge amount of resources. Basically, it's impossible for me to automate facebook...

I mention that I didn't try this on the zenno version which has been released today.

I confirm this issue and not only for Facebook, but for any large sites.
I wrote about this many times.
I think I've seen a similar PM behavior as described above on Pinterest, but at that time I wasn't paying too much attention as I didn't have too many tasks to do there and I thought it's a problem with my PC.
So, yes, it's not just Facebook that brings this kind of behavior to PM.

Attached 2 screenshots:

Screenshot 1: I identified the class of the posts made by teespring on their page. Clicked on Search for like 4 times and got 1161 identified elemnts. clicked on the last element (no 1161) and after like 5 minutes PM managed to get to the post in this screen-shot which is made almost 3 years ago.
After doing this the resources looked like this: 20% used CPU (agian this is an intel 6800K - 6 real cores, 12 virtual cores @3.4 GHz ), 2.5 GB of RAM used by the FF instance and nearly 1 GB used by PM itself. While writing this post, the amount of RAM that FF instance is using now is over 3 GB + 1 GB used by PM.

Screenshot 2:
There are literally thousands of GET requests in the traffic window. Check where the cursor is!

Вложения

Последнее редактирование:

Aronax

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
And its long time bug there, I have reported this in past many times.
This is really easy to reproduce: just try to surf in facebook like normal user and You will see freezing will start soon. As more You work as worst it becomes.
Exactly...this sums up pretty well.

I guess it has to do with the fact that PM is trying to load the entire facebook timeline (from its creation and until now) of any account/ page you're browsing. Those GET requests in the traffic window could have something to do with it, too.

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 844
Баллы
We aks all users, who face this problem, send us diagnostic report.
Please enable extended log in program settings, repeat interface freezing problem and run Diagnostic from program directory not closing project maker.
Send resulted report.zip to [email protected] with the link to this thread.
Extended log.png

• Спасибо
Реакции: Astraport

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 844
Баллы
We have released new zennoposter version with FireFox 64-bit engine. This should solve UI freezing problem in PM when working on Facebook, Instagram and other similar websites.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Astraport

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)