cef vs chromium

aleksa77

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hello,

I notice about the update for the Chromium engine, I research it, but for me, it looks the same engine, what is the difference between CEF and Chromium?

CEF is open source right embedded, but Chromium is the same ? Is this similar to Selenium, it is a web driver and it runs Chromium too?

igorsupport

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hello,

Chromium is a browser engine. Browsers Google Chrome, Edge and others are built on its basis.
CEF (Chromium Embedded Framework) - a set of functions and add-ons over Chromium for its [Chromium] easy embedding into your projects.

Improved browser emulation
Now working in ZennoPoster has become even safer. Chromium has significantly improved emulation of browser options over previous CEFs. Despite this, there are a number of parameters that we plan to implement in the next versions. The CEF has also improved anonymity and received a number of updates.

Improved performance
According to our tests, the Chromium engine significantly outperforms CEF in performance while consuming less RAM.

A full transition to Chromium will allow you to get closer to “real” Chrome and natively solve many problems with emulating browser settings. But the new engine is not a panacea, Chromium lacks some of the internal useful functions from the CEF, i.e. Chromium does not fully contain CEF and vice versa, so we will not abandon CEF when adding Chromium.

More detailed information will be at release.

• Спасибо
Реакции: aleksa77

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)