BIG TIME Problem With Thread Count: Please Look

Kepperbes

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
HB, DD, whoever, what on earth is going on with the recommended thread values for MP 4.3.6.0?!? Attached is a screenshot that was taken from my machine of my systems statsZennoMP_WTF.jpg

As you can see I have more than enough in the RAM and Speed department, but ZP is recommending 30 threads?!? WTF?!? I get better recommended threads (70) on my laptop and that isnt nearly as strong as the machine im referencing above. I've adjusted the count of threads in one process to all kinds of different numbers, and still 30 threads. Im going to assume that this is another bug like the anonymity problem were experiencing, but this is definitely something that needs to be looked at.

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
That's ridiculous. I can get 100 threads on my dual core 2.77ghz at the house. That machine you have there should be spitting out over 200 at least, one would have thunk. I'm not updating until they can get this kind of thing fixed. I like the addition of the C# modules in the newer builds, but at what cost? Less threads, no anonymity.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Kepperbes

Kepperbes

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
That's ridiculous. I can get 100 threads on my dual core 2.77ghz at the house. That machine you have there should be spitting out over 200 at least, one would have thunk. I'm not updating until they can get this kind of thing fixed. I like the addition of the C# modules in the newer builds, but at what cost? Less threads, no anonymity.
Yea man its bugging me out BIG TIME! I enjoy getting new features, but two things that are huge (for me at least), are threads, and anonymity, and now with a machine as strong as that it appears that I wont have EITHER of the two. This is the kind of thing that really makes usability difficult.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
I had good conversation with DD about anonymity and i sent him both projects from v4 and v3 where is possible to easy to get this bug... I sent him even proxies because template worked just with proxies from specific country...

I hope we will get some updates in next build about anonymity problem...

About thread count there is bug for me that after a couple of zenno restarts it showing that my max thread count are 10 even if i set up 30

Kepperbes

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I had good conversation with DD about anonymity and i sent him both projects from v4 and v3 where is possible to easy to get this bug... I sent him even proxies because template worked just with proxies from specific country...

I hope we will get some updates in next build about anonymity problem...

About thread count there is bug for me that after a couple of zenno restarts it showing that my max thread count are 10 even if i set up 30
Yea this is pretty ridiculous like Bigcajones said. No protection or anonymity (even though my machine is bulletproof), and then a system with specs geared towards performance, the recommended thread count is 30?!? I mean come on! Now there's this bug your mentioning with the thread count messing up too, this is crazy.

Mankush

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Guys, I have a system with 16 gb, too. ZP wrote 70 threads. I just changed it to 100. that`s it : )

Kepperbes

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Guys, I have a system with 16 gb, too. ZP wrote 70 threads. I just changed it to 100. that`s it : )
You see Mankush, on a system like that, 100 threads is actually fairly small considering Bigcajones is getting 100 threads on his laptop, and he and I both have the EXACT same laptop (although i've never tried to run it past the recommended value, but I see he's getting 100 so now I know). If my laptop can get 100 threads, then that machine should be able to get at LEAST double that amount.

Mankush

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Why not write down 200 and see what happens?
Also, did you try to run the thread test with nothing else open (not chrome not firefox, not avg etc)?

muchink

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I'm with 4GB ram and 2.93Ghz Dual core,
yet when I run over 20 threads, I just can't use the pc and the ram jumps to 99% after a few secs..
is that normal?

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы

muchink

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I wonder how many threads could run on a 64GB RAM, I think I should test it in the next months.. :-)

loveforfire33

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hetzner EX5 VPN (25GB ram)..... 70 threads.... lol

Kepperbes

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Heztner is no good (well not if you plan to even spam mildly). They aren't bulletproof (which is why the specs they offer are so good), and the instant you get a complaint it's gonna be game over. Best thing to do is to find a bulletproof hosting provider and go that route.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
You can manually set number of max. threads.

Aprox:

RAM: Each thread use ~ 40-100 MB of RAM + RAM that used for lists/tables (usually 4*size of files for 64-bit systems)
Processor: all depends on projects and what actions are included in them. ~ 20-40 threads per core.

Kepperbes

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
You can manually set number of max. threads.

Aprox:

RAM: Each thread use ~ 40-100 MB of RAM + RAM that used for lists/tables (usually 4*size of files for 64-bit systems)
Processor: all depends on projects and what actions are included in them. ~ 20-40 threads per core.
Rostonix I know that I can manually max out the threads, but the point is the recommend system is WAAAY off. Sometimes I'll use it to get an idea of what a system can handle, but seeing that its flawed now I don't think that it can be trusted.

• Спасибо
Реакции: Mankush

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Sure it can't be trusted for 100% and it's better to change it manually after, depending on your tasks.
I have projects that i can execute in 100-150 threads and others that barely work in 30 threads cause thay are really huge.
You set as much threads as you want and check how it will perform for your own projects.

We prepare one article which will reveal more information about threads and how they use system resourses.
Will be posted in wiki.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
  • Спасибо
Реакции: BFlame6

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)