Basic Installing Requirements Questions

amp4

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hello, I am planning to purchase Zennoposter however I have several (very) basic questions.. you know, just want to clarify a few things.

1. I am going to use this on VPS and I search and found this on the forum:

Apart this fact that ProjectMaker should be run on the home PC to create projects and not on the server
( http://zennolab.com/discussion/showthread.php?6262-Vps-or-dedicated-server-for-zp&p=36238&viewfull=1#post36238 )

Does this mean I have to get at least Standard version? So I can run it on 2 computers, 1 home PC and the other on VPS. I am planning to get lite version for now.

2. If I were to do this:

256+MB is Win alone if we talk about win server2008.

Right now i'm running zenno poster with one thread and it take 600MB ram. + Project maker 650MB
(another post from the thread above) is 2MB RAM is enough for 1 thread? 1 thread basically means 1 job / we are using zennoposter to do 1 job right? What are the cons so Hungry Bulldozer said Project Maker should be done in home PC?

3. Unrelated question, sorry maybe you guys know or may give me recommendation.

I read in BHW forum that you guys testing in Hetzer.de. I look around their VPS plan and found this:

http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_vserver/vq19

Problem is when I try to order they seem to charge more for Win OS:

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition - only 64 bit
(Price (monthly): 25.00 € / Setup (once): 0.00 €)
Is it on top of the VPS cost, so vServer VQ 19 (20 euro) + windows 2008 (25 Euro) = 45 Euro a month?

Anyone can recommend other VPS for me please?

Thanks in advance :-)

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Hello!

1) You can use ProjectMaker on VPS. But as all other tools or software, program will work smoother on home PC due to connection delays and other stuff :-) it's not restriction anyway.

2) 2Gb RAM will be enough :-)

3) Setup charge a fee for Windows copy. As far as I know it's 1 time payment. You should check this anyway.

Anton

amp4

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Oh ok, thank you Anton ;-)

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)