Anyone familiar with reddit and detection methods?

lazerbacon

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hello All,

I used Zenno to create a reddit account creator and upvoter. I did a small test with a submission using 25 accounts. So I sent 25 upvotes to the reddit submission. This gave me 26 upvotes and 25 downvotes (1 up vote from main account). So for all 25 upvotes it also gave it 25 downvotes. I started with 5 first and had the same result of 5 upvotes and 5 downvotes.

I am new to all this stuff and not familiar with general detection methods. Any advice on what I should be doing differently? I did add a 3-5 min pause at the script end to space it out just a tad. I made the accounts and upvoted using 10 private proxies.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance!

player

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I'm not familiar with reddit...

What is your exact problem? Accounts got banned or upvotes deleted?

To make many accounts on one site, you should have a lot of ip's with different subnets, multiple user agents and very unique account names (I scraped 40k account names from a forum with Zennoposter). A pause at the end is a good idea, i'm doing that too.

I solved the ip problem with hidemyass + autoit (windows automation software). Every time when a template starts, my mouse clicks on "change ip". After that i check on whatsmyipadress.com if the ip has changed. When it has changed, account creation starts. Only disadvantage: you can run it with one thread only. But works good so far :-)

lazerbacon

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks for the Tip! I only have lite version so one thread is fine.

The accounts are not banned and can comment / vote still. I know if you do get banned on reddit they allow you to still do everything but your actions are invisible to all other users. So I double checked with a seperate IP and the accounts are still legit. Just trying to figure out why when I upvote it adds a downvote as well. Might be timing issue or maybe the accounts need to vote and comment on a range of submissions to get proper status.

I have been scouring google for info but none yet. I will keep at it. Thanks again playa.

player

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Ah ok... does it work properly if you do it manually in your browser?

Maybe there is something wrong in your template...

lazerbacon

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
It counts the upvote just fine. Reddit is tacking on a downvote for every upvote. Its something with reddit itself.

Благодарностей
Баллы
That actually sounds more like a possible issue within the template to me - but I'm not especially familiar with Reddit.

If you're sure there's no problem within the template causing something that is registering as both an up and down vote, then have you tried using different user agents with each account like Player suggested?

lazerbacon

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I will have time this week to mess with it. I will try adding user agents as well. Here is the code that needs to be clicked. I know right now click simulation is not available in project maker for clicking divs (in next release it will be). This is the upvote code.

<div class="arrow login-required upmod" onclick="$(this).vote('9a59659081f4c9d72a554dd5069b36a53019e937', null, event)"></div>

So I may not be simulating the correct response it needs. Can I target the "onclick" value with regular expressions and activate it that way somehow? I am not to familiar working with regular expressions yet.

zennoreddit.jpg

player

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
When recording your template:

right click on the element --> to branch builder

You can manipulate elements in the branch builder and use your own footprints to detect the element. Maybe that helps.

If not, attach the template and i will look into it.

player

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

lazerbacon

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks for all the help player. It looks like the click is working as intended. I modified the script so it just logged a user then I manually upvoted on 5 accounts with different proxies. This gave me the same result. I will be looking into the user agent and masking myself a little better.

I assumed I was masked using the private proxies but I do not know much about them yet.

BlackSun

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks for all the help player. It looks like the click is working as intended. I modified the script so it just logged a user then I manually upvoted on 5 accounts with different proxies. This gave me the same result. I will be looking into the user agent and masking myself a little better.

I assumed I was masked using the private proxies but I do not know much about them yet.
Reddit use a karma value to prevent gaming the system. Your accounts will need to gain karma before their votes are worth anything.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)