AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X Processor with 32 cores for best config ?

stefbox

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hello,

I work with a Template where all the processors of my intel i7 6700 with 4 cores are at 100%. I can run 14 threads max without slowing down the threads.
Processing the Template takes me 7 days and I have to run it several times without end to make the Updates.

I would like to invest in a machine that will reduce this processing time.

I've been thinking about getting an AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X Processor with 32 cores.
Normally the Template which should be processed in less than a day because I would go from 14 threads to 112 threads with the new processor!

If I understood correctly, amd are cheaper than intel and with more cores.

Do you know if zennoposter is compatible with this kind of processor and if it allows to increase the number of threads are you worried about?
Since it is a big investment, I would like to take the best processor adapted to zennoposter.

Thank you and have a nice day

Nick

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Yes, currently AMD systems are better in terms of perf/cost and the CPU you mentioned is better, so it should be better. ZennoPoster is definitely compatible with AMD.

But make sure that the bottleneck is the CPU, not a hard drive or network. Have you looked through the Task Manager, are you sure?
If yes, then double-check that the new processor has better results with a performance tool, there are plenty of them available.

Also, as a pro software developer, I bet your project is just not optimized. It easily can be that a critical part could be rewritten thus giving 5x-10x perf improvement. If you aren't a software developer it's unlikely that you've made a multithread-optimized project.

PM me details (what the project does and a screenshot of your blocks or even the file itself) and I will either give a good hint or make you an offer on how to improve it.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)