Adding a "Clean interrupt" to Zenno

Yann

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Every now and then I need to "Interrupt" a script in zenno for many reasons but when I do, I sometimes lose a lot of information (variables values, states, complete line from table and list currently being processed).

I think it would be very useful to be able to do a "clean interrupt" that we can catch in the script and perform a final action before the script's execution is getting killed.

An idea would to do an interrupt by error, meaning to voluntarily generate a "bad end" that we can catch in the script to output/save everything that is important before the script is killed.

EtaLasquera

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

Yann

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
The idea is not to debug but to cleanly voluntarily stop a script that runs for a long time. Even though it is not recommended to make loops with zenno sometimes we don't have a choice (or the alternative is too complicated to make it worth it).
Depending on the situation every now and then I need to interrupt the execution of a script (simply stop would not work since it is a loop that runs for a long time). When I interrupt the script I lose lot's of data (variables value currently being processed).
Ideally we could have a "clean interrupt" option that would be caught by the "bad end" function so I can output all the information I need. This would be better than having to maintain some temporary files when I would output everything all the time.

Hope it's more clear now

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы

Yann

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
The moment I wrote this I knew it would get back to me !

Even without loops, you never had to interrupt a script (maybe because the browser's instance froze...) and you lost the data ? If it would get caught by the "bad end" option it would be great.

Thanks anyways

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)