[SOLVED] 4.0.8.2 Poster: Memory release bug.

Благодарностей
Баллы
In comparison to 4.0.7, 4.0.8.2 poster has more of a issue with releasing memory at thread completion on long posting runs. My reference point is a multi-site template that performed great in ZP3, and its been translated to ZP4 using the same macros, regexs & loops.

With 4.0.7 there was a slow ramp up in memory use for 5-15min, then a big chunk of memory was released. Buggy, but workable, just.

4.0.8.2 isn't releasing the big chunks, in the server memory monitor you only ever see a small release, and the memory will continue to ramp up slowly until max. I've even tested on a fresh install win2008 server, without the possible conflicts with other seo & .net software, and even tried reinstalls. Same story, just 5 threads on a 4GB server will ramp up from 1Gb of memory til 4GB is max out.

From watching the individual processes in the task manager, typically you will see base.exe FFinstances slowly ramp up to 1GB+ each. Some times, they release a small amount of memory, but mostly they don't. In contrast, if I manually terminate a individual base.exe FFinstance, all instance memory will be released & instance will restart with 50-120mb.

In addition, FFinstances are ignoring the Poster instance memory settings, as if the setting dosn't exist. I've even split test between using Good/Bad ends and no ends. Even added clear cache actions to the ends on template. None of these helped.

If i don't baby-sit the poster by killing the runaway FFinstances, threads fail, & you start getting errors like; "runtime error 203 68829450". Maybe, FFinstance process is missing a event in templates completion, that then calls terminate() or memory_clear() FFinstance function (or whatever the way it works in C++) ?

Oh yeah, System Logs & ZP logs aren't showing anything of interest.

• Спасибо
Реакции: prosperer888 и Kepperbes

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
The new build is coming. It is better to test there.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Pleasу let us know if the new release fixed this issue.

Благодарностей
Баллы
Pleasу let us know if the new release fixed this issue.
The issue with memory release still isn't fixed with 4.1.0, although it has improved (just a little slower in the ramp up in memory). FFinstances still ramp up to 1GB+ of memory per instance, totally ignoring instance memory settings.

Poster is only useable if I babysit by terminating runaway FFinstances by hand.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Can you provide more details or send us projects that you run when you see that kind of issues?

Благодарностей
Баллы
I remember on the zenno website there was some test forms, i forget the URL? Is the zenno test forms hosting good enough to handle a ZP template posting 20 threads continuous for 15mins?

If so i'll make a demo that replicates the issue

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Благодарностей
Баллы
I think i've isolated the issue to JS only found on this one site platform, just have to do a few more templates to be sure. Otherwise, 4.1.0.0 seems to be good @ staying under 100mb per instance

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)