[SOLVED] 4.0.8.2 - Email verification bug - please fix as ZP is useless now...

pete

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi

I mentioned few days ago that there is a problem with the email verification feature in Project Maker. I have been testing it for a while and there is definetely something wrong with it.

What is happening

During debugging a template in Project Maker, when it comes to an email verification branch, after few minutes of waiting for an email to receive, I get the "Error occured..." message and the template is stopped. Log says "Messgae not found". So, even though verification email arrives, ZP can't find it. It happens in 90% of cases.

What I checked

1. Verification emails arrive. I checked different email addresses from different providers, in different templates. Verification emails were always there.
2. Email login details, servers, ports, protocols were ok too. I checked those in Email processing feature in the Recording mode.
3. Regex for both subject and body content are ok too - checked it in Email processing feature.
4. I double checked IMAP/POP3 protocols + SSL

What I noticed

1. I have 'Message not found' message in logs
2. There is no more message "Email blah blah sent confirmation" in logs when template (in debug mode) gets to the email verification branch. It used to be there before upgrading to 4.0.8.2

Please, treat it seriously as without email verification feautre working properly, ZP is useless in 90% of cases.

thanks

pete

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
Email could arrive after ZP had checked that. Send us the project that failed

pete

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

thewebpro

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
I'm having the exact same issue (see: http://zennolab.com/discussion/showthread.php?6425-Failing-to-Complete-Email-Validation).

I estimate that 60% of the time it cannot find the email, and I have to manually log into the email and validate it myself.

Hi
Please, treat it seriously as without email verification feautre working properly, ZP is useless in 90% of cases.
I agree with Pete. I use zenno to save time, however manually performing email validations when zenno fails really cuts into the efficiency of the software. If you can't replicate the issue from the project pete sent, I can send you one of my projects to test.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
I'm having the exact same issue (see: http://zennolab.com/discussion/showthread.php?6425-Failing-to-Complete-Email-Validation).

I estimate that 60% of the time it cannot find the email, and I have to manually log into the email and validate it myself.

I agree with Pete. I use zenno to save time, however manually performing email validations when zenno fails really cuts into the efficiency of the software. If you can't replicate the issue from the project pete sent, I can send you one of my projects to test.
Send us the project that failed
[email protected]

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
Thank you for sent projects. Testing it currently.

anique12

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Remember Zenno Support. I send you a email with my project. My username was in the email, It's a 30 70 chance email validation works. It's very annoying and you need to fix something. I hope you still have my project

pete

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы

pete

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I hope you don't mind me pasting your email sent to myself this morning. Just wanted to keep all people informed too.

Hello Pete,

Thank you for your project.
I've been testing it for a while and can conclude next:
1. Email that you are looking for went to the SPAM and pop3 can't handle folders it just check INBOX.
2. Email is not went yet. Check this picture. I ran it in debug mode from Visual Studio and at the same time checked Inbox folder from editor.
http://clip2net.com/s/2eCmv

Thank you
ZennoLab

---------------------------------------

Hi

ad 1) - no, neither of activation emails went to the SPAM folder. All of them were in INBOX. I double checked it.
ad 2) - not sure, what you mean here. However, when debbuing a template I made sure the activation email was in inbox before I let it go to the Email verification branch. Even that, ZP wasn't able to find it. So, it's not that It wasn't that

However, I have noticed that:

1. Project Maker started showing messages again in logs:

mail confirmation task been received. It will be processed iin 15 seconds
E-mail is not found the 1 time, next attempt will be in 30 sec
mail confirmation task been received. It will be processed iin 15 seconds
etc...

2. When I fill all email details that were used in templated that failed to find email (email address, username, server, ports etc) in the Proces mail window (Actions recording -> Email (next to the Intelli Search)) and then press 'Login to mail account', I always get "Server returned 404". If I press it again, to logs me in ok. Hope it helps.

thanks
pete

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
"Server returned 404" this doesn't related to your issue. It is about automatic settings for account.
About the 2. How could you be sure? Attached picture shows that there is no such message you are looking for

pete

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
About the 2. How could you be sure? Attached picture shows that there is no such message you are looking for

Before going to the Email verification branch in debug mode, I logged in to the email application in browser and checked if the email is there. If it's in inbox (they always are), then I click 'next' in debug mode. It goes to the email verification branch, and then fails to find the email.

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
Before going to the Email verification branch in debug mode, I logged in to the email application in browser and checked if the email is there. If it's in inbox (they always are), then I click 'next' in debug mode. It goes to the email verification branch, and then fails to find the email.
It doesn't make any sense. You must login in Pop3 client, not via web interface. Preferably via email processing of ProjectMaker. Once you do it please let me know what you get.

pete

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Right, this is exactly what I did:

1. Run debug mode for a tempalte
2. Kept pressing the 'Next' button and stopped right before the email verifictaion branch
3. Then went to email processing of ProjectMaker, filled it with email details used in the template
4. Logged to mail server successfully
5. The activation email was there
6. Got back to the template and pressed the 'Next' button. It went to the Email verificatino branch
7. After 20-30 secionds od waiting I got an error "Error occured during ..."
8. There was also "Message not found' in logs

Repeated this test few times. With the same restult in all cases.

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
Seems this email provider doesn't allow bulking messages loading. Small fix added, but now there is now such an email in Inbox. Send me login details of inbox where message is already there. I will test with it.

pete

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Sent in PM

The first one is with verification email in there. The rest are blank ones

seer

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I think this may have something to do with polish letters in mails in inbox. I sent simple project to HB with that problem, but don't get any response yet.
I'm getting in log:
2012-08-23 08:38:35.1168|WARN|ZennoLab.MailHandler.MailCollec tor.Account|MailBee.MailBeeInvalidTextResponseExce ption: The particular item of the response data cannot be parsed. The response string: 3J_W=C5=82ASNY_BLOG?=. ---> a.am: The particular item of the response data cannot be parsed.

J_W=C5=82 should be Ł.

The same project runs on email where is no mails with polish letters in inbox works fine

Another problem, as someone posted before, is that in Windows with polish locals execution of own program is not working

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
@pete: replied
@seer: will check now

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
I think this may have something to do with polish letters in mails in inbox. I sent simple project to HB with that problem, but don't get any response yet.
I'm getting in log:
2012-08-23 08:38:35.1168|WARN|ZennoLab.MailHandler.MailCollec tor.Account|MailBee.MailBeeInvalidTextResponseExce ption: The particular item of the response data cannot be parsed. The response string: 3J_W=C5=82ASNY_BLOG?=. ---> a.am: The particular item of the response data cannot be parsed.

J_W=C5=82 should be Ł.

The same project runs on email where is no mails with polish letters in inbox works fine

Another problem, as someone posted before, is that in Windows with polish locals execution of own program is not working
Works fine on my side. Made small fix. It might be related. New release is coming. Test there.

hop

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
bug exist in build 4.1.0.0
in my opinion it is basic functionallity but still not working.
@pete
@anique12
@thewebpro
"Message not found" still on my machine... :(

project sent for testing

thewebpro

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
It's half fixed for me.

Here's what happens.

1 - I run Project A and zenno finds the email
2 - I run Project B immediately after (without restarting), and zenno tells me "Message not found"
3 - I restart zenno and run another instance of Project B, and zenno finds the email
4 - I run Project A immediately after Project B (without restarting) and zenno tells me "Message not found"
5 - I restart zenno and run another instance of Project A, and zenno finds the email

Bottom line is, it finds the emails for me now, but I have to restart zenno for each project individually to get it to work 100%.

For me if the log says "mail confirmation task been received. It will be processed iin XX seconds" it means that zenno will find the email. If the log doesn't show this message when it's at the email part of the project, then the email will not be found.

hop

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
the same situation for my projects. I was talk yesterday with support about this situation and I received this information from ZennoLab support:
I did one fix related with email
it was related with cache
the first time it finds email fine, then it collected more messages then necessary (old ones also)
propably it will be in new build (1-2 days).

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Yes this situation was fixed.
Should work in new build.
Thank you guys for informing.
:-)

Daikaiser

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I was going crazy with the same issue, but I noticed that if I use 1 thread at a time the problem won't happen. I just run several templates at the same time but maxed to 1 thread. If you don't need to create a lot of accounts is a good workaround until the new version comes out :-)

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)