Why can we save a list to file and append to the end, but not with tables?

nycdude

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
I'd like to save tables to file and append to what's already there. In lists actions it's possible but not with tables. It saves but removes everything there already. I can do a fast bind and save but when running the same template on many threads can maybe jam it up?

EtaLasquera

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Well, you need use the brain and understand a bit of logic.
A list will be ever a list.
The function "append to the end of the file" work only if you use a new line as default list separator. If you use a specific char, the option bind to file will not work.
As well lists are simple structures.
Tables are complex structures.
The option append to the file will require the lists have the same structure, but this structure are dinamic.
Imagine you have a table with 2 columns and try to append to the file another structure with 4 or 10 columns.
You can say "but I'll ever use 2 columns" but you must to know, this is your situation, to solve your problem you must to use your brain (as I said in begin of post, you must use it!).

nycdude

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
OK, so what's the way in which I could update a table by adding lines to it and keeping what's there already. You say "use my brain" and I agree I must do this ... but I'm new to this and I'm hoping for help from the forum.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 181
Баллы
Hey I'm not sure if I understand what You mean, but if you add line to table its saved at the end of file.

If You use tables and lists to save data in file, it should work fine in multithreads. No need to worry.

• Спасибо
Реакции: nycdude

nycdude

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hey lokiys thank you. Yeah I finally figured out how to use the file action blocks to update the table, I found I can update .csv files directly like that. Thanks again!

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)