When Will An Update Be Released? Very Poor Results Lately.

inbargains

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I've been using ZPPC for a few months and just recently it has become very unreliable. I've been running the same reliable sources to harvest proxies and ZPPC used to consistently show about 3k-3.5k passed proxies. Recently that number has jumped to more than 7K but most are not good. Now I have to export this 7K and use Charon or SB to test them again because 2/3 of them on average are not good even though ZPPC says they are good and testing them every 15 mins.

What happened? Why am I getting such a huge amount of false positives? I've tried filtering ports, high speed only, min delay, etc. Nothing produces a somewhat reliable proxy list anymore. The only way I can get a reliable list is to export all proxies and test in another program.

I just did an export of all anon proxies and out of my 7000 total proxies reported good by ZPPC I exported 1841 anon proxies. I put those in SB and only 314 passed with up to a 30 second delay.

While I expect there to be false positives, I don't expect it to be 80%. This program worked perfectly for the March and April but now in May it's almost useless.

I tried removing your proxy judges and just using mine to see if it makes a difference but your program automatically puts yours back in and I can't force the program to use mine only. I'm not sure if it would make a difference but I would like to be able to just use my proxy judges only and not be forced to use your proxy judges. If I remove them from the XML file your program will put them right back in there when it starts.

Also I mentioned on the other thread the repetitive test is broken in ZPPC so I can't toggle that test on. Also it would be nice to have the features of the ZPPC that is in ZP MP. I would use that proxy tester but I don't see a way to export results as a routine so I'm forced to use this ZPPC but it's almost completely inaccurate of late.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 706
Баллы
There were not any changes to software lately. So if your results are different right now than before its not about any modules of software.

If you have huge channel it's better to test proxies for speed. It will filter almost all unreliable proxies. + make a second testings (why it's not working for you?)

If you use public proxies you have to understand that they are alive at the moment and can be dead in1 minute.

inbargains

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
If you have huge channel it's better to test proxies for speed. It will filter almost all unreliable proxies. + make a second testings (why it's not working for you?)

If you use public proxies you have to understand that they are alive at the moment and can be dead in1 minute.
Please see Post #2 for why second testings doesn't work

http://zennolab.com/discussion/showthread.php?7872-New-build-2-2-5-1-(11-09-2012)

I understand with public proxies they can be dead in a minute but not 80% of them. I also understand nothing has changed with the software as I haven't updated it but I suspect the problem lies in your proxy judges.

When Charon and SB say proxies don't work and return timeouts, Error 404s and Errors 403 but your software says they consistently work then there is a problem. I can send you a list of 2000 proxies that ZPPC says are alive and anonymous but testing them with Charon, SB or in a browser will return timeouts, 404 or 403 errors consistently.

Something has changed that makes your ZPPC unreliable at the moment and I've been stuggling with it for more than a week trying to determine why it doesn't work like it worked in March and April. For the last two weeks it's unable to correctly test proxies, determine their speed or delays. I've got proxies in ZPPC with speed tests confirmed every 10 mins > 100K that are dead. If I put them in a browser and it will return a 404, 403 or timeout.

inbargains

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Here is what I'm seeing in ZPPC that might shed some light on it's inaccuracy of late. One thing I noticed while taking screenshots is the Checking Time is up to almost 24 hrs although nothing in my settings is set to once a day or 24 hr intervals.

The rule is simple; proxy type http, speed > 100k

2060-fast-http-proxies.jpg
2060-fast-http-proxies-tested.jpg
sources.jpg
sources-2.jpg

As you can see SB found 580 alive. SB anonymity tester has been broken as long as I can remember.

Any ideas why the checking time is up to 24 hrs on a lot of these proxies? I've dumped all of them several times this week and all my sources are set the same as you see in the one source screen shot. Retrieve (scrap) the url once every 6 hrs, test the proxies every 10 mins, timeout at 15 seconds. Why are some taking up to 24 hrs to retest? Or am I misinterpreting what Checking Time means?

Also I have the box checked to remove old proxy thinking that would keep only fresh scrapes from urls.

Did I miss something here? I'm at a loss for what has changed since March and April. During those two months if ZPPC said a proxy was good and high speed, I rarely found a dead one. Now it's the opposite. I have to check a bunch to find one that is alive.

Thanks for any suggestions.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 706
Баллы
Thanks for pointing to unsolved bug.
Information was sent to proxychecker's developer.

Nothing was changed since March and April.
Try not to compare with Scrapebox (I have no idea how it checks proxies).
But manually set found alive proxies to FireFox and test them.

What time of proxy's life is set here: http://gyazo.com/1cd2f33f331e812355566e4cb6c9eb00.png ?

inbargains

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks Rostonix for the quick reply. Here is what my settings are:

proxy-checking-settings-2.jpg

I did glance at them when I added my proxy judge and assumed (probably incorrectly) that Time of proxy's life setting was how long before ZPPC purged the proxy whether it was alive or not. Now when I mouse over the text it says: Time to store the proxy without rechecking (15 seconds min). So certainly 99999 seconds is too long as that's about 27 hours.

So is this assumption correct?

1. Changing the setting (Time of proxy's life) under Control sets the maximum time before ZPPC rechecks a proxy.
2. Changing the setting (Recheck) under Sources sets the minimum time before ZPPC rechecks a proxy.

I'll change the Time of proxy's life to 3600 and see if that purges dead proxies from the list and speeds up the recheck time.

Thanks again for your assistance.

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 706
Баллы

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)