Weird Globals bugs

osho

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I'm having all sorts of issues with Global variables. I created a few for a project... and continued to use those same globals in other projects. Now I need to update one. I updated it... and all of the templates still have the old Global values. So I have to edit their Global vars too? What's the point of the global then?

Also, I edited my global vars, saved the project. Opened it in ZennoPoster... and the old global vars were being used! I double checked and they're saved properly in ProjectMaker?

osho

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Ok, I may have figured something out. I was setting the Global value by opening the Variables tab and manually creating the var/setting the value. But... I think Zenno wants it set via the Variables Processing instead?

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
Hey, yes, you should do that in the variable processing tab

1342105343-clip-19kb.png

osho

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
global.png

I have a feeling I'm not the only one who has attempted to set Globals like this. It appears to work at first, so I could see other users doing this and having confusion.

Thanks for the reply

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Not very flexible if we have to set the globals in a template. In v3 you could manually set a global counter to -1 and then have your threads add 1 to it so that you could pull info from folders based on the global variable. Now I guess you have to create a template just to set up the globals before running the other templates.

And on this note, what happened to the directory.subitem where we could choose a folder and not just the files. If I have a directory with niche related folders in it and want to pull the info out of them one by one, the directory.subitem -d- option was perfect for this.

Made it to 500....:cool:

osho

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Yeah, I made an initializeGlobals template and just run that first before my routines.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)