Use of JavaScript Within Templates Causes Infinite Memory Increase Until Crash- Proof

crazyflx

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
I posted this thread outlining the problem: http://zennolab.com/discussion/showthread.php?3190-ZennoPoster-Memory-Usage-Increases-amp-Increases-Until-it-Crashes where I was told by Hungry Bulldozer that it was the use of loops that was causing the problem. So, I have completely removed all loops from this new template (which I have attached) and the problem persists.

The new template I've attached here is simply a "torn down" version of the template that was attached to the thread I linked to above. This new template doesn't accomplish anything, it simply proves that the use of JS within a template causes the instance of ZennoPoster.exe to infinitely increase in memory usage until it crashes.

Simply open up the template in zennoposter and play it, and then open up windows task manager. You'll see the instance of zennoposter.exe just continues to use more and more memory, never releasing it even upon successful execution of the template. It will do this until zennoposter crashes because it has reached the maximum allowed usage of memory by a 32-bit program.

Посмотреть вложение topten no save2.xml

• Спасибо
Реакции: Stereomike

Hungry Bulldozer

Благодарностей
Баллы
I run it and got eating of memory by ZennoPoster.exe
So it is a bug of JavaScript engine. We'll fix it later.

• Спасибо
Реакции: crazyflx

crazyflx

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
I run it and got eating of memory by ZennoPoster.exe
So it is a bug of JavaScript engine. We'll fix it later.
Thanks a lot Hungry Bulldozer, that's great news! I use JS heavily within templates, as it allows me to perform in one step what would otherwise take many, many steps.

To hear this is going to be repaired is excellent.

Stereomike

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks for chewing through debugging Crazyflx!

crazyflx

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Just figured I'd pop in (3 months later, haha) and ask if there has been any progress made in repairing this bug?

johnmay5

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
So, another 5 months have passed and no fix has been released for this.

Don't know how complex or easy it is to fix these things, but 8 months is an awful lot of time to clear bugs.

P.S. I reached this thread searching google for a solution of this problem.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)