Templates outside zenno program folder - Use relative paths??

madsem

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi,

I like to have my template folders, data folders etc etc all on the desktop of my machine, since I use it only for zenno and other tools. It's just more comfortable for me to quickly access everything.
The problem now is, I'm not sure how to use relative paths in my templates (or if that is even possible) so that the templates would work on any computer I use them on without having to change all the paths in the templates.

so instead of: C:\Users\myuser\Desktop\Zenno Data\Data Results\email accounts\yahoo email accounts\yahoo-emails.txt

Just use something like: \Desktop\Zenno Data\Data Results\email accounts\yahoo email accounts\yahoo-emails.txt

Is that possible, and if yes... how?

madsem

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
anybody? :-)

I really don't want to have to change all my templates paths once I move on a server, or what if I buy multiple licenses, run on multiple servers... then I always have to change paths kinda eh?

I tried using \Desktop\Zenno Data\Data Results\email accounts\hotmail accounts.txt in a template... but yeah, that does not work :-)

It would be awesome if we could maybe create tokens for specific paths in a windows envinronment, that never changes... like for example the desktop.
or is that already possible?

archel

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Don't know how to do it.

Wouldn't it be easier to keep your resources and results folders where they are
and then just create shortcuts on your desktop to those folders?

madsem

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
yes of course that would be the easiest method.

I'm always just a bit too careful maybe, I don't want all my templates etc to be accidentally deleted when zenno updates or gets uninstalled etc.
So I would prefer to have everything where I want it to be. :-)

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Use the macro {-Project.Directory-}. For example if you want to pull emails for a template, you would use {-File.GetString-|-{-Project.Directory-}\email.txt-|-random-|-false-} and keep all your files that you are using with the template in the folder. Then you can put the folder with the template anywhere you want and it will work. Do it all the time.

madsem

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Ahhh yeah, cool thanks. Will have to adjust my folder structure a bit but that's the least of my concerns :-)

Man I LOVE Zenno! Most of the things I want to do work great, it just needs some more functionality here and there to be perfect but it's damn close!

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)