templates missing on reboot

7figures

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi Guys,

Moved to new vps recently, and when vps reboots, when I open zennoposter again, all templates are missing. Previously on other VPS's, I can restart zenno and templates/settings are intact... what could this issue be?

7figures

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

7figures

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
no support here any more?

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 830
Баллы
Sorry for delayed response.
It's better to report such problems in Bugs section or send ticket to [email protected]
most probably this is the problem with user permissions in a system on VPS. It does not allow our program to save tasks.dat files in AppData folder in user directory.

7figures

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi Vlad, gotcha on support requests (maybe create a sticky thread here?)

Ok understood about the problem - where would I start with this? Just send a ticket to my new vps host? Anything I can tell them to make the process of fixing it easier?

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 830
Баллы
First of all you should check tasksxxx.dat backup files in the fol;der- C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\ZennoLab\ZennoPoster\5\ZennoPoster
You can rename them to tasks.dat and get your project settings back into ZP.

Then we need to clear up -- does VPS reboot happen because of problem or it's planned?
If it's problem reboot, you should use tasksxxx.dat backup files, if planned - tack about permissions for zennoposter software with VPS hosting.

7figures

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

Вложения

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 830
Баллы
copied from here (http://zennolab.com/discussion/threads/lost-templates-data-after-os-crash.31817/#post-336867):

When I restart zennoposter (it's unplanned problem), all my templates are missing, I have to manually add each template, and re-enter all template settings.

I have this folder, but no backup or etc...

(ps my version 5.11.2.0)

My brother has dat files fine, in 5.10.0.2
If it's program crash, we need to fix crashing bugs, not missing template problem.

7figures

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
tbh, for all the years I've used zenno, different version updates, on different VPSs (all good spec), it crashes all the time - once per fortnight for sure, usually once per week. I assumed that was just part of running it 24/7. I can live with that, the missing templates are more annoying than the crashes - unless we are talking about 2 different things... the program 'crashes' in that my vps will have crashed and rebooted. I run only zenno on the vps, nothing else, so I always assumed that at some point, zenno caused the vps to crash/reboot.

So eg I set up zenno, check daily. one day I will login, and my vps has been rebooted (did you plan shutdown, or unplanned' etc box on desktop)
I restart zenno, templates are there, so I run each template

With this new vps, same thing, but no templates, I have to add manually, change settings within it, due to no .dat files

7figures

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

7figures

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
so, new problem today I assume tied in... and still no templates loading on restart of course. I hold 3 full zenno pro licences, any chance of some help here to resolve this?

Вложения

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 830
Баллы
so, new problem today I assume tied in... and still no templates loading on restart of course. I hold 3 full zenno pro licences, any chance of some help here to resolve this?
Please enable extended log in program settings and repeat the problem with missing templates.
Then run Diagnostic from program folder and send resulted report.zip to your ticket in support system.

7figures

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I fixed this - just run all templates then close program with tasks still running - when zenno asks if you want to continue running active tasks, select 'yes' (even if you don't want tasks to start), then this will create tasks.dat

In future it will load templates from this, even if you select 'no' next time when zenno asks for 'continue running active tasks on startup?'.

My problem: on new install to new vps, I always select 'no' previously if manually rebooting zenno or vps. Now I'm pretty sure any future vps crash won't matter as far as zenno, as templates should all load up from existing tasks.dat which has now been created. Looks like you *must* select this first time though after installation, or moving to new vps, to create it (after this, tasks123456789 etc don't matter for those of us who just need to load templates, this will always be most recent).

• Спасибо
Реакции: VladZen

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)