Shutting down ZP

muchink

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi,
Whenever I have electricity problems, My computer's backup battery starts working and initiates a normal computer shut down.
But I have a problem that ZP causes. When the PC tries to shutdown, ZP asks whether I'd like to continue the running of the templates when I activate it again.
This causes the shutdown to stop untill I click on ZP - Yes, No, Cancel.

Many times I'm not near my PC and therefore it can't turn off the PC normally.
Is there a way to cancel the "question on exit" and assign a value to it? for example- always "Yes".

Thanks.

nevadahsot

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Grab a decent server and problems will gone.
It's not zennoposter's problem.

And the title----It's confusing; in fact it's (very) offensive words;
Even competitors/enemies wouldn't use that.
I don't think it's on purpose.

"Interruption of Power Supply"----This title is much much better.
Hope this helps a little.

You have some tutorial vids on youtube, they are good.( sorry sorry ,I thought another
guy were you.)

muchink

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
lol,
I haven't tried to offense someone, nor would I think about shutting down ZP since I'm using it on a daily basis, so realx.
If the title offends any moderator, feel free to change it(I can't do it with my privileges), I just want to find a solution to my problem.

Your answer wasn't even connected to my question and didn't help at all, please don't reply to this thread.
I didn't say there is a problem (if I wasn't clear enough), What I meant is that when the PC tries to shut down -
there is a problem because ZP doesn't allow it to shut down until I choose whether to reactivate the template on the next start or not.

Is there a way to cancel the "question on exit" and assign a value to it? for example- always "Yes".

Thanks.

nevadahsot

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hope they have a solution, specially made for you.

MODERATED by: lokiys

Последнее редактирование модератором:

nevadahsot

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Got it.
Smart guy.
No reply/offend anymore.

muchink

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Any admin can help? Hungry Bulldozer?

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
Hi muchink. I moved your thread to Enhancements section where is right place to ask for new features.

And if developers will accept that this feature is needed then it will be added.
There is not possible to give any more help.

Cheers

muchink

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hey lokiys,
Before it is suggested as an enhancement,
Are you sure there isn't any way to do it?
I'll ask a different question, do you know of a way to safely exit ZP(not causing problem due to sudden closing it), that will not cause the question to pop up?
I tried doing it with task manager, while templates are running. Is it safe to do it that way, or it could cause a problem later on if I stop ZP while there are running templates?

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
Hey lokiys,
Before it is suggested as an enhancement,
Are you sure there isn't any way to do it?
I'm answering all questions using my knowledge and of course there is hundreds of things i do not know, but i know that there is not any default option for zenno to do what you asked.

I'll ask a different question, do you know of a way to safely exit ZP(not causing problem due to sudden closing it), that will not cause the question to pop up?
I tried doing it with task manager, while templates are running. Is it safe to do it that way, or it could cause a problem later on if I stop ZP while there are running templates?
And to answer to this - Buy UPS because it is even not good for PC itself that power causing problems...

With that I wanted to tell you that there is not point to look for problem solving in zenno, but you should look for your own problem solving with your power problems. ;-)

Cheers

muchink

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks for the suggesstion but look man,
The situation I'm handling is this - I don't have power problems often, and the PC's backup battery is great since it gives the PC additional 5 min, like a small UPS.
The PC's backup turns the computer off once it notices that there was a power faliure, but the only thing that stops it from completely turning off is ZP that is running, that is why I'm looking for creative solutions..
Most of the times it happens is because of a storm or lightning storm when I'm out of the house, that's why I'm looking for a way for it to do it automatically without me stepping in..

That's why I asked if it is safe to quit ZP from the Task manager, skipping the part of the question whether I want to continue running the templates later on.
I'm not underestimating your knowledge and experience buddy, since you've helped me many times.
I just want to overcome this situation..:-)

Thanks!

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
This thread is pretty rude by itself and the manner it goes. Please calm down. I will ask darkdiver about this and write back when i'll get more info.

muchink

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Listen, I didn't mean to offend anyone guys, it's all cool..
I just asked for a creative solution if anyone could help me.
It's ok, I figured out a way to solve it myself..

Thanks anyways.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)