Run cube by Id

myndeswx

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hello, is it possible to do something like this
When we encounter a bad end and the cube that failed was "2b61e829-16c7-49e4-8c86-93ac494db1c3"
we get it from {-Project.LastExecutedActionId-}

Is it possible to run the 'bad end' logic and try the cube with that id again?

Thank you

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 179
Баллы
Bad End is for bad END and it executes just once.
If you'd like to re-run a specific cube, you can use a logical if action and make it run x times.

• Спасибо
Реакции: myndeswx

myndeswx

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Bad End is for bad END and it executes just once.
If you'd like to re-run a specific cube, you can use a logical if action and make it run x times.
Thank you for the answer, but that's the thing, it is a very large project and after recent changes any cube can fail. So instead of adding thousands of new cubes it would really make sense to have a single retry logic for all of them )
Maybe need to make it as a feature request, to have a global 'retry logic', I can't be the only one who thinks it would be useful, am I? )

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 179
Баллы
It sounds like a perfect solution, but it's not. If you say any cube can fail, then something is wrong with your global logic in the project. You fix that beforehand. Also, for every error, there are different solutions. Sometimes the button does not load and you have to reload the page. Sometimes page loads longer and you just have to make logic to add some delay. Sometimes you need to add two loops and other times when you need to add 10 loops. Also there are many different types of cubes lik browser, lists, logic, data etc. By defining some global loops would lead your project to disaster. There is a reason the bad end is executed only once. :-)

• Спасибо
Реакции: myndeswx

myndeswx

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I agree with your logic, but in my use case it would really make sense, because project is working with phones and sometimes adb connection drops, all the normal fail points have bad exit logic, but if any of the shell commands fail I would only need to reconnect adb and re-try the same action.
Would it be possible to do the adb reconnect logic for all the cubes? - Yes
Would it be more convenient to have a single bad end for all these cubes? - Also yes.

Just thinking about the possibilities.. It would be nice to somehow 'group' the cubes, and that group would have single bad end logic :-)

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)