Repeat action x-times

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I have to use quite unstable proxies for a project. So often the site doesn't load or ends up blank. But when I refresh the page, go to the last url or repeat the last step (action) all works okay and project can go on. It happens on many different actions in the project. Same is, as the proxies are backconnect and when they are oversaturated, it returns some message like "Proxy not reachable at the moment".

My question is, what is the easiest solution to simply retry the last/current action in project for x (e.g. 2 or 3) times to get the project up and running?? I don't want to add a loop at every possible step, as this would unnecessarily blow up the project and make it confusing.

Saw on some other automation tool the possibility to activate on a single step/action of a project an error-handling and tick "retry this action x-times". So if an error occurs it simply retries the same step several times. Is something like this easily possible with ZennoPoster too?

Thank you guys.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 180
Баллы
I have to use quite unstable proxies for a project. So often the site doesn't load or ends up blank. But when I refresh the page, go to the last url or repeat the last step (action) all works okay and project can go on. It happens on many different actions in the project. Same is, as the proxies are backconnect and when they are oversaturated, it returns some message like "Proxy not reachable at the moment".

My question is, what is the easiest solution to simply retry the last/current action in project for x (e.g. 2 or 3) times to get the project up and running?? I don't want to add a loop at every possible step, as this would unnecessarily blow up the project and make it confusing.

Saw on some other automation tool the possibility to activate on a single step/action of a project an error-handling and tick "retry this action x-times". So if an error occurs it simply retries the same step several times. Is something like this easily possible with ZennoPoster too?

Thank you guys.
I'm afraid there is no easiest solution as making loops.
If you click on the button and next action is entering any field for example, then what it will give you to repeat click action? If there is a page load error?
I could write more about why it will not work.
So the only and correct way is to loop action x times based on what is needed. Page reload, or click again, or maybe wait for some element. etc.

morpheus93

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I'm afraid there is no easiest solution as making loops.
If you click on the button and next action is entering any field for example, then what it will give you to repeat click action? If there is a page load error?
I could write more about why it will not work.
So the only and correct way is to loop action x times based on what is needed. Page reload, or click again, or maybe wait for some element. etc.
Thank you lokiys for your contribution.

Okay I understand, just thought there would maybe an easier und more effective way than just looping the majority of the web-related actions (load page, click button...) in a project, as it upsizes the project and makes it confusing to understand at a a later point.

On simple actions like "go to url" or "click button" I think it would anyway make sense to give the the users the oppurtunity to just set up x-retries in the actions's properties.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 180
Баллы
Thank you lokiys for your contribution.

Okay I understand, just thought there would maybe an easier und more effective way than just looping the majority of the web-related actions (load page, click button...) in a project, as it upsizes the project and makes it confusing to understand at a a later point.

On simple actions like "go to url" or "click button" I think it would anyway make sense to give the the users the oppurtunity to just set up x-retries in the actions's properties.
You can sure post this in https://zennolab.com/discussion/forums/enhancements.142/
But I do not see it could help.
Your code should be adjusted to resolve individual issues. As those are proxy problems, not something else.
and if I'm not mistaken then any actions like click and set text already tries to execute at least twice.

Think: This is totally individual logic for just one particular case.

You click button
Page loads and stops somewhere on the blank screen.
You have to sometimes go to actual URL sometimes you have to go to some previous URL, this is not repeating an action, but making individual logic.
I still do not understand what exactly you want.

Making click action to execute twice will give you nothing.
Making set text to execute twice again will give nothing.
Reloading page and executing error action again? Could give a solution in some 20% cases.
Because of that, I do not believe its something useful.

Usually, you have to make logic only after page reloads, like after click button. In the basic project there are not that many pages reloads to not make some high-quality logic, individual for each place.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)