Remove c# tester

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
I can see over and over again that members failing with using C# macros tester, and mostly newbies.
Because at least I test all my code in C# action. And I do not think that others is using this tester as this is really additional job to setup it and also any using's and libraries is not working in Tester.

By now I see this tester only as trap for newbies :-)

Cheers

• Спасибо
Реакции: LexxWork и Bot_Sculptor

LexxWork

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
very good idea
also restrict of using stupid '{Variable.var-}' in c# actions. it's like a virus.

• Спасибо
Реакции: lokiys

Nick

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I would say - please add support for project variables to the tester. There is no way to really test c# code together with data from a project at all. Except of putting debug info output into each line which is disgusting.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
I would say - please add support for project variables to the tester. There is no way to really test c# code together with data from a project at all. Except of putting debug info output into each line which is disgusting.
What problems do you see to keep just another c# action in side of your project ?

And put anything you need there and test :-)

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы

LexxWork

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
when you write
var a = "{-Varaible.b-}";
a is going to be the content of zp variable b and not "{-Varaible.b-}";
when users do it they expect the first wariant but it's wrong.
when users run the template in pm there is no errors.
when users run the same in zp errors occure
some day i'll be a millionare only for that i teach people to write zp vars properly.

Nick

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
What problems do you see to keep just another c# action in side of your project ?
And put anything you need there and test :-)
It doesn't help debugging anyway, there's no breakpoit setting and no watching on vars value. So for debugging it's useless
Also, if there is some syntax error in the code, PM can start showing some unclear error message about who knows what, so I could lose a lot of time searching for a cause. No thanks.

when you write
var a = "{-Varaible.b-}";
a is going to be the content of zp variable b and not "{-Varaible.b-}";
oh shit! never knew about this featurebug... I also think that it's horrible.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
It doesn't help debugging anyway, there's no breakpoit setting and no watching on vars value. So for debugging it's useless
Also, if there is some syntax error in the code, PM can start showing some unclear error message about who knows what, so I could lose a lot of time searching for a cause. No thanks.
I'm not much familiar with tester, but what are you talking about ? :D What breakpoint ? What watching on vars ? There is nothing like that in tester...
By now tester and C# action works identically except that own usings and libraries + variables from project is not working.... :-)

• Спасибо
Реакции: Nick

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
we will delete C# tester
+ i created task to trigger error if C# actions has macroses like {-Variable.var-} in it.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)