Project in project - possible to run nested project in background?

cheesesteak

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi,

When I use the Project in project function, Zenno the main project will stop running until the nested project finishes running. Is it possible to let the nested project run in the background, independently from the main project? I want the main project to continue running after it initiates the nested project.

My use case:

One main project to take tasks, and distribute those tasks by launching several several projects, to run in parallel.

Thanks

Edit: I'm using Zenno version 7.3.1.1

nicanil

Client
Благодарностей
1 804
Баллы
No, you can not run nested projects in background.

One main project to take tasks, and distribute those tasks by launching several several projects, to run in parallel.
But you can launch project from another project using Running program action and bat files.
  • Add all projects to ZennoPoster
  • For each child project create bat file which will start this project.
  • From main project launch other one via Running program action.
    • Set path to the bat files as a Executable.

zenewbie

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I have have a question to exactly that scenario: If you run your other projects this way via .bat files, how do you know if the project you've run before has already finished and it doesn't go into nirwana?

I would like to start one project after the other but I simply can't know WHEN, since it doesn't cue when you start it too soon and the one before hasn't finished yet.?!?

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 180
Баллы
I have have a question to exactly that scenario: If you run your other projects this way via .bat files, how do you know if the project you've run before has already finished and it doesn't go into nirwana?

I would like to start one project after the other but I simply can't know WHEN, since it doesn't cue when you start it too soon and the one before hasn't finished yet.?!?
One simple solution is just use .txt file and save some data like DateTime in file and then other template wait while this date appears.

zenewbie

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
That doesn't really work in my case, since when I'm running a project with 100 threads none of the threads knows if it's the last, there is no real final post or something where I can determine when to save that .txt file to indicate the end of the project.

nicanil

Client
Благодарностей
1 804
Баллы
Each project can create some file at the end of execution. And if the file exists it means that the project finished job. If there is no such file then project still executes.

zenewbie

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
No, only 1 THREAD of that project creates that file at the end of it's execution, but that doesn't mean the whole project has finished, just that particular thread. Each individual thread doesn't know if it is the last one to write that file.

So if I have a project running with 20 threads, they are running simultaneously, which thread should create the file that it has finished? And if you say now let's create 20 files and see if there is 20 files and take that as trigger that the project has finished, then this is also not possible, because I never know how many threads the next project will have, it is random.

So it would be best, if project starts could be "queued" and will start automatically once the last has finished.

Последнее редактирование:

nicanil

Client
Благодарностей
1 804
Баллы
Maybe Task manager is the option you are looking for. You can add multiple projects and they will run one at a time.

zenewbie

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Unfortunately not, I need to run the same project over and over with different input settings and thread count and trigger it remotely.

zactyson64

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

zenewbie

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Unfortunately not.

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 843
Баллы
You can run depended projects parallelly:
Main project creates a trigger, for example some text file, and depended projects starts running by trigger.

zactyson64

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

zactyson64

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
You can run depended projects parallelly:
Main project creates a trigger, for example some text file, and depended projects starts running by trigger.
This is what we are looking for, but I can't seem to make it work because i'm not well rounded in c# could you point out what's wrong and how can i make it work?

Вложения

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 843
Баллы
This is what we are looking for, but I can't seem to make it work because i'm not well rounded in c# could you point out what's wrong and how can i make it work?
One project creates a file, which triggers execution of another.
You can select to run a project by trigger in Schedule settings.
By trigger.png

zactyson64

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Последнее редактирование:

zactyson64

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
One project creates a file, which triggers execution of another.
You can select to run a project by trigger in Schedule settings.
Посмотреть вложение 91516
With get task info method I can check if a project is idle or running, if it's idle then it has completed the work by reaching the maxium success count or max failure count or whatever condition that was set, if task info returns the project is still running then it hasn't finished the work, I just don't know how to set it up because i'm a c# noob

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)