Max multithread?

Bringomatix

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hey fellas, what's the max nr of multithread instances you were able to do and what hardware did you used for it?

kingbin

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
I am running 200 thread. I use dual xeon 2578 v3 + 64 GB RAM DDR4 2133 MHz. CPU use less (not above 30%) but RAM need a lot. Wtih Professional package, you can run unlimited thread but you need a workstation / sever with high RAM to run it. Chronium is eating RAM monster =))

zenewbie

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
My problem is internet connections, not hardware. everything above 200 (according to network monitor) is giving me problems, I have cable internet. :(

Bringomatix

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
  • Спасибо
Реакции: Aronax

kingbin

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы

zenewbie

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
What internet connection do you have? What max connections do you get in the network-monitor test in zennoposter? mine shows 100, I can go to 200 (connections NOT threads), but then it gets unstable. It depends on your internet provider.

aleksa77

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I am running 200 thread. I use dual xeon 2578 v3 + 64 GB RAM DDR4 2133 MHz. CPU use less (not above 30%) but RAM need a lot. Wtih Professional package, you can run unlimited thread but you need a workstation / sever with high RAM to run it. Chronium is eating RAM monster =))
with this processor you running 200 threads ? i using latest i7 and can not run more then 50 threads, this Xeon is it better for Zenno then i7 ?

kingbin

Пользователь
Благодарностей
Баллы
with this processor you running 200 threads ? i using latest i7 and can not run more then 50 threads, this Xeon is it better for Zennoposter then i7 ?
I use 2 xeon E5 2678 v3 (dual xeon in a mainboard) with 24 cores 48 threads. I think Xeon is better because this processor make for Simulator, Render, Calculate,... Core i processor dose not support well for Simulator. You can rent a xeon vps (which allow run tool) and test Zennoposter on it

• Спасибо
Реакции: aleksa77

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 843
Баллы
ZennoDroid is one thread currently. We plan to add multi-threading in future versions.

• Спасибо

Aronax

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
[QUOTE = "aleksa77, post: 571905, member: 2266"]
with this processor you running 200 threads? i using latest i7 and can not run more then 50 threads, this Xeon is it better for Zenno then i7?
[/ QUOTE]

Xeon is in most cases much better than any i-series cpu from Intel

• Спасибо

aleksa77

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

Aronax

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
In my opinion, Xeon is generally better than i7 (and even i9) except when it comes to gaming. The thing is that Xeon in most cases comes with more cores and threads than i-series cpu's which is not really helpful for gaming but very important for applications that work on multiple threads (like Zenno does). IIt also comes with larger cache memory and better heat resistance. Also the Xeon platform itself (CPU + motherboards) is optimized for great stability when it is being hammered 24/7. That's why they're used in business environments (work stations, servers, datacenters etc).
The price of the E5-2678 v3 is low because it is not produced anymore and you'll have to buy it second-hand. But if you compare the price of a 2015 i7 with the price of a 2015 Xeon, you'll notice that the latter is more expensive.
In conclusion, if you need a stable environment for Zenno which should be able to work on a lot of threads 24/7, I'd recommend you to go with a workstation or server that has comes in a dual-xeon config and lots of ram. One of the machines that I use for Zenno is an HP Z820, dual xeon with 96 GB of RAM. It can take up to 70-100 threads on some medium/ low complexity templates and I paid about $1300 on it (second-hand on ebay). At this price I could only buy an i9 CPU (no motherboard, RAM memory etc) but I'm not sure that this CPU alone would be able to run with so many threads in Zenno

• Спасибо

zenewbie

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
In my opinion, Xeon is generally better than i7 (and even i9) except when it comes to gaming. The thing is that Xeon in most cases comes with more cores and threads than i-series cpu's which is not really helpful for gaming but very important for applications that work on multiple threads (like Zenno does). IIt also comes with larger cache memory and better heat resistance. Also the Xeon platform itself (CPU + motherboards) is optimized for great stability when it is being hammered 24/7. That's why they're used in business environments (work stations, servers, datacenters etc).
The price of the E5-2678 v3 is low because it is not produced anymore and you'll have to buy it second-hand. But if you compare the price of a 2015 i7 with the price of a 2015 Xeon, you'll notice that the latter is more expensive.
In conclusion, if you need a stable environment for Zenno which should be able to work on a lot of threads 24/7, I'd recommend you to go with a workstation or server that has comes in a dual-xeon config and lots of ram. One of the machines that I use for Zenno is an HP Z820, dual xeon with 96 GB of RAM. It can take up to 70-100 threads on some medium/ low complexity templates and I paid about $1300 on it (second-hand on ebay). At this price I could only buy an i9 CPU (no motherboard, RAM memory etc) but I'm not sure that this CPU alone would be able to run with so many threads in Zenno
Could you please tell me what kind of internet you have and how it is possible for it to handle so many open connections? For example when doing social media stuff I am only able to use 20 threads on my xeons which could handle many more, but my internet only is stable at a maximum of 200 connections - and 20 threads need that much for me.

Aronax

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Could you please tell me what kind of internet you have and how it is possible for it to handle so many open connections? For example when doing social media stuff I am only able to use 20 threads on my xeons which could handle many more, but my internet only is stable at a maximum of 200 connections - and 20 threads need that much for me.
I currently have 1 Gbps internet connection (fiber-optic connection) but I was running the same amount of threads in Zenno 2-3 years ago on a 100 Mbps connection (70-80 threads). I've done the upgrade to gigabit connection mainly because the 4k videos on netflix and youtube were lagging on the 100 Mbps connection :D. But Zenno worked smoothly with the same amount of threads even on the 100 Mbps internet. Even now, when I check the traffic done by Zenno when it is in full throttle, it's at about 50-70 Mbps (and I do have some projects where the bot actually does some video streaming, but I do set the bot to stream the video at the lowest image quality...eg: 240p).
What's the speed of your internet connection? Also, would recommend you to check the traffic done by Zenno (Windows Task Manager > Performance > Ehternet or WiFi and check the send and receive if they're close to your internet connection max speed; if they're not, you should look elsewhere...maybe the CPU power is not enough, though I doubt' cause you're using Xeons, or the RAM memory...)

zenewbie

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I have 500mbit cable connection, but it's not the traffic or bandwidth that's the problem it's the "connections" that are open at the same time. could you please check the "network monitor" and run a test how many your internet can do? It's built inside ZennoPoster at the top, it gives me 200 connections max.

Aronax

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

zenewbie

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I'm on windows 10 pro for workstations, I am not limited by the OS, just by my internet provider unfortunately.

zenewbie

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Ah, and another question, could you please tell me what router you used for this test above? I just have generic Netgear Router, that could be the problem...

Aronax

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I don't have anything fancy...the a/m test was done on an old TP-Link 300 Mbps N Gigabit router. The gigabit connection is handled by a TP-Link AC 1200. If you ask me any Netgear router is far superior than any TP-Link equipment.
Maybe you should check how many connections you get without the router in between the workstation and the internet connection cable (cable plugged directly in your workstation). This way you'll know if the router is the problem. If this doesn't work either, then maybe you need to change the internet provider :-)

• Спасибо
Реакции: zenewbie

zenewbie

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks a lot for these info Aronax, really appreciate your help!

• Спасибо

g.kucza

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы

Вложения

• 123,9 КБ Просмотры: 107

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 843
Баллы
Pro version is going to be released soon with multi-threading.

• Спасибо
Реакции: g.kucza

g.kucza

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Thanks for the quick reply. Could you please define more precisely what "soon" means?
A few days, a week, a month, 2 months? :bw:

VladZen

Administrator
Команда форума
Благодарностей
5 843
Баллы
  • Спасибо
Реакции: g.kucza

g.kucza

Новичок
Благодарностей
Баллы
Yes, I have been working at ZennoPosterPro for several years. Now, for a few months I have been working on ZennoDroidLite, but the project I am implementing now in ZennoDroid requires multi-threading.
I have purchased 2 ZenoDrion licenses, but this does not solve the problem of multi-threading.
Is there a chance for a version with multi-threading for beta testing before the official release ?

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)