Log system improvements

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
My view how logs should look like.

Problem:

There was some small improvements in logs, but this is far from what we need.
Now for handled actions there is not error, but warning. Ok that gives little bit clearly logs, but for us.
If we sell Zennobox to somebody they anyway thinking that there is some problems with bot. Because they do not understand Zenno logs system.

Other point where we need improvements is because it is not possible to debug in multithreads. Simple because you can not see difference in errors in zennoposter, only after copying Action ID. So if you have lot of errors then you can copy ID of one and that same action error 100 times, even if you are understood everything about this error. And actually even that not making clear picture about "if" actions, because for "if" actions there is not possible to copy any id nor is possible to find any in Zennoposter Progs Logs folder. Basically the only way to understand what "if" action made problems is to make snippet i will show below and add that to Bad end action to track "if" action errors.

Solution:

Option to disable logs in Zennoposter at all. Logs in Logs folder can leave as they is, but in Zennoposter they should be different.
In this case we can build up our own logs, for those who selling Zennobox this option would be the best.
Simple c# snippet will create logs for Zennoposter in case if they are disabled.

Код:
var error = project.GetLastError();

string comment = error.ActionComment;
string id = error.ActionId;
string groupId = error.ActionGroupId;

project.SendErrorToLog(error.ActionComment, "first action OwnCode C#");

To make easiest debugging simple group Errors/Logs/Warnings with the same Action ID.
Like in picture. And you can copy Action id from line what gives the most problems and look in your project what you can improve.

I think those are the only improvements to make our life 100 times easier.
If anybody have any thoughts what more should be improved please post below.

Thanks

Последнее редактирование:
  • Спасибо
Реакции: rostonix

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
Today again one of my customers could not find where is problem and he lost many hours to find out what could be problem.
Logs showed that perform c# action - Sequence contains no matching elements. and that is all. Now i logged in in his VPS and find out that there was simple typo in email configuration, if logs would be like I showed then i could print out in logs that Email Configuration problem or something like that, and I'm sure he would find problem himself without losing time...

Thanks

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
You can use in your C# something like

throw new Exception("Text of your error");

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
depends on you)
each action made with C# may have separate error with separate text in zennoposter log.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
depends on you)
each action made with C# may have separate error with separate text in zennoposter log.
As i said nothing from what i tried shows in zennoposter logs, I mean in zennoposter program and in tab logs, that i can send some errors to zennoposter logs folder this is not an option

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
It would be nice to have the comment of the action in the logs instead of just the standard error messages. I have a client now that is driving me crazy with 'I see error...I see error'. I try to explain that it isn't an error, just a check for captcha. If he saw in the log the comment "Check for Captcha" then he would know what is going on.

• Спасибо
Реакции: lokiys

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
It would be nice to have the comment of the action in the logs instead of just the standard error messages. I have a client now that is driving me crazy with 'I see error...I see error'. I try to explain that it isn't an error, just a check for captcha. If he saw in the log the comment "Check for Captcha" then he would know what is going on.

Exactly I'm driving crazy with this problem long time already, And customers think that zennoposter is not so good program because of full of errors...

Thank You for supporting cos I think I'm the only one who use Zenno :D :D :D

Cheers

• Спасибо
Реакции: bigcajones

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Anton, that is fine for failure to execute the template, we are talking about normal working of zenno. For Optionals or Unsuccessful Exits it would be a nightmare to have to code for every possible action. Since it is implemented in our C# macros, why can't be implemented in Zenno itself?

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Added to idea collector.

• Спасибо
Реакции: lokiys и bigcajones

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
I really do not want to be ungrateful, but only in idea-collector ? This was talked year ago, and if only in idea collector then it could be implemented after another year if even will be :D
Please guys try to understand that this is really important...
Look http://screencast.com/t/fVizt3biIUg and really not a single error tells me anything about my template, all those are really useful. Logs basically are useful at all :(

Hope you understand...
Thank You

silent

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
or just add on Bad/Good End function custom error report, where you can manage by own what type of error to show, such as bad proxy etc

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
There will be added ability to display in Logs comment of the action which was failed.

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
Another problem with logs is that they disappear once a day or so. As i understood they gets moved to archive therefore they disappear from ZennoPoster logs also...

And if i want to when logs once a day then this is not really possible... Going to check archive is not an option...

Solution again is same, just allow us to disable all logs and send to logs only what is necessary for us, therefore logs will be filed slower and they wont be moved to archive that fast...

Cheers

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
I would like to pop this a little bit up and add this.
First thank You for already improved log system, but that is not enough still 2/3 from logs is not useful at all...
I would like to get beautiful logs like just information what is needed for me.
Example:

There is only needed thing More than 1000 ID's in list. There is no any errors just template is ended and I need to output info about this. And I need that in Zennoposter it does not count as successful finish. As it was not success and was not failed also, both exits are useful for me. But still I have to go through big list of non needed string in logs...

Thanks

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
throw new Exception("More than 1000 ID");

Tobbe

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
I agree, this is a problem. I always tell my clients to boop that blue icon to see the status of the bot (my own alerts), and uncheck it for a detailed explanation or debugging.
But all errors make them curious and think it's broken. For example, a IF statement with a False end will show up in the log making it look broken.

Последнее редактирование:

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
throw new Exception("More than 1000 ID");
Dude I will tell just in one sentence, can we get just one checkbox in settings what will disable all ZennoPoster default logs like Html errors, template failed, template success, list is empty, table empty and like that. This is no needed for me in 50%+ cases and I can process all information with bad end and c# project.SendErrors to logs.

Please do not post me some workarounds and such, but talk with developers to implement that. Would not you agree that already logs is much more clearer than they was and now it is 10000% easier to follow them ? ? ?
I just heard one thing why need those logs, it was because program is for non developers and such, but okay then make just one checkbox, what will return true or false meaning enable default logs or disable default logs...

Anyway I think that even for newbies or for anybody will be much easier and faster to see in logs for example Error action comment like "Account list is empty" or "Registration link is not found"rather than 9d1c4a5d-efdd-4205-8dd0-b4a55f860be6 :D

How I debug right now is. I first debug in PM there everything is fine, then I copy ready template over to my server and run there when I see some errors I have to copy error action ID then go back to my PC and press ctrl+F search for error and I see that this is html error registration link, okay this is once. Then after while next error, in ZP what I do again copy error ID go back to PM and press ctrl+F and what I see that this is html error registration link AGAIN. Okay I will not continue but in case I would have Beautiful errors is ZP I would not need to copy and check over and over again bout I would see what error is there and how often it is there....

Please please if there is some doubts from you or from developers why that is not good what I wrote I would like to hear that...

Thanks

Tobbe

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы

LexxWork

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
to receive id, errors and comments but not an error message - it's not cool in c# code.
and to hands vote for the redirection of critical errors in the log file.
and three hands for be able to see the whole stack when an unhandled exception occures

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы

lokiys

Благодарностей
1 182
Баллы
I want to still talk about this, because I have an example:

Just now talking with my customer and I'm asking about errors in logs and he sending me this:

BUT before that long and not usable error there is my error what tells: Error in login

My point is that my customer and I'm sure that most of zenno users gets lost in those long and misunderstanding errors even if I add some human language errors, zenno default errors win there because they are long and fill all logs and nobody sees my error :D

Thanks

rostonix

Известная личность
Благодарностей
5 707
Баллы
Customize your code using your own try and catch and your own SendInfotolog and senderrortolog commands.

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)