Little sexy label that shows the branch ID

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi ,

1)It would have been nice to have a well design sticker at the top of each branch with it's own ID, this way when we have an error in the poster, we know exactly where is the fault.

2)Possibility to have the branch alighted when "on" in the debug mod. At the moment the debug mod does not show which branch is actually being on for each step.

BamBam

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
It is highlighted when in debug. If you minimize the instance you will see the step being wrapped in blue as each step is processed. As far as the poster is concerned, if you look at your log files, you will see exactly where your errors are happening. I use that to debug more that the PM because Zen is running full blast and you can see where you need to put a pause or if an element isn't being seen.

bambinou

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Hi bigcajones,

As always, Thank you for the reply,

In the project maker, the software put the ID in the comment area which is wrong, as soon as you enter a description in that area, you have no space to see the ID. The best would have been to have just a tiny flag coming out of each instance with the ID in it, this little space should be only reserved for the ID and not mixed up with the comment area.

I understand about troubleshooting the logs, but when you give a description to each node, the IDs are not visible fast enough, you have to look for them on the right side of the screen by clicking on the node itself which is in a way wrong.

Last time I had a bigger project than normal, gave a nice description to each node and realized that the only way for me to read the id was to click on each node and check the right side of the screen in the project maker....a pain.

Thank you,

BamBam

bigcajones

Client
Благодарностей
Баллы
Well, you can name the Step ID differently that the numbers and also the Branch ID. The only thing you need to realize is that you will have to change all of your references to the branch from other branches with the new StepID-|-BranchID.

So if you name your Step GET FILE and your Branch GET URL then any reference in the template would have to be:

{-FieldData.FieldData-|-GET STRING-|-GET URL-}

Кто просматривает тему: (Всего: 1, Пользователи: 0, Гости: 1)